The Healthcare Management & Leadership program at Bellevue College offers career-oriented options for students who are interested in becoming successful supervisors, managers and administrators within hospitals, clinics and healthcare centers. Admission to the program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. We highly encourage you to meet with our Program Manager before applying to the program! Please use our online calendar to book an appointment.
|Fall Start||Spring Start|
|Application Opens||March 1||November 15|
|Priority Application Deadline||June 1||February 1|
|Final Application Deadline||July 15||March 1|
Step 1: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters off, you must apply to the college first. Current BC students may skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
- Apply for BC Admission Now! The link takes you the Washington State Community and Technical College Web Admissions Center. Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Allow 1-3 business days for the Welcome Center to process your application. They will send a Welcome Letter email with instructions for your next steps.
- The college places a $55 admission/placement fee on your account at the time they process your application. You pay this fee at the time you pay your first quarter tuition. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
- If you have credits to transfer in from other educational institutions, you will need complete the Transfer Credit Review Form. You must send your official transcripts to the Evaluations Department at Bellevue College prior to completing the form.
- Once you have your Student ID number and completed the Transfer Credit Review Form you may continue to Step 2.
Please complete Step 1 at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. Processing time for Student ID numbers is typically 1 -3 business days.
Step 2: Submit your recommendation request form
Please complete the recommendation form as a part of your application. Your recommenders will each receive an email containing a link to the recommendation form when the form is submitted. You will receive a notification when your recommenders complete the form. Your recommendation letters must be received before your application can be reviewed.
Step 3: Prepare your supporting documents
Please have the following items ready for submission with your Healthcare Management & Leadership application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges attended demonstrating completion of the prerequisite courses with a grade point average of 2.0 or better. ALL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS AND A TRANSFER CREDIT REVIEW FORM ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO YOUR APPLICATION BEING CONSIDERED.
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words) discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; and how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to the community, the healthcare industry, and to Bellevue College.
- Application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application. The application fee is $90.
Step 4: Complete Additional Application Requirements & Prepare for Interviews
- Complete the Transfer Credit Request form. You must send all the transcripts you include in the request form and Your request will be canceled if you do not submit all the transcripts included on your request form.
- Complete the Prior Learning Credit form to receive credit for health or industry certifications towards your degree.
- Take the Writeplacer exam – Submit your scores to email@example.com. Your scores are not used for an admissions decision but allow the program to make recommendations for additional writing support when needed.
What to Do If Your School is Located in Another State
Contact your institution’s test center to learn more about remote testing options. With the permission of both institutions, you may be able to take ACCUPLACER at a local college or have an authorized proctor oversee your test(s) at a secure facility. Please contact our program if the exam is not offered at an institution near you.
- Interviews – After your application has been completed and all materials have been received, qualified applicants will be invited to take part in program interviews. Details will be made available once all applications have been received.
Step 5: Complete and submit the Healthcare Management & Leadership Application
Please have all supporting documents prepared prior to completing your application.You will NOT be able to stop and save your program application once it is started. Admission to this program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces.
Your application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application. The application fee for the Healthcare Management & Leadership program is $90. Please save your confirmation email as proof that your application has been successfully completed.
Applying for Additional Programs
Some students apply for more than one program within Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute. For instance, you might want to apply for both the Ultrasound Technology, Radiation Therapy, Radiologic Technology or Neurodiagnostic Technology programs. If you would like to do this, please note that you will need to complete an application and pay an application fee for each program.
Each program has unique requirements, procedures, and application periods/deadlines. It’s your responsibility make sure that your application is complete and submitted before each deadline.
For those students who were previously accepted into the Healthcare Management & Leadership program and are planning to return following an approved leave of absence, please complete the HCML Readmission Application.
For those students who were previously admitted into the program and wish to resume their studies following a formal dismissal, please complete the HCML Reinstatement Application.
If it has been more than four consecutive quarters, you will need to re-apply for admission to the program in order to continue. You will be required to meet the eligibility requirements in place for the most current application and supply new supporting materials. You will be charged the most current application fee and be placed on the most up to date degree worksheet.
All applications must be received no later than 30 days prior to the next available program start.