Obtaining Your DD214

If you do not have a copy of your DD-214, here are some ways you can get one:

In Person:

Go to 1st floor of the Henry M. Jackson Federal Building
915 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98174.

Ask for a “Statement of Service” document

Mail / Fax:

Download and complete a SF180 form from the National Archives and mail or fax to:

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
Fax: (314) 801-9195


For a Service Verification document, visit

  • VA.gov – Under “Records”, select “Download your benefit records”

Last Updated October 20, 2022