If you’re a current student and would like to meet with an academic advisor, we are available to assist you remotely. The Academic Advising Department promotes student success by engaging students in developing education plans in relation to their career and life goals. We strive to meet the diverse and unique needs of each student by mutual teaching, learning, and relationship building.
New to BC? Assess and Orient, then check out these Resources.
You may submit a ticket to our department or call us during normal business hours at 425-564-2212. We will return messages related to Academic Advising as soon as we are able. Please don’t submit multiple tickets or leave multiple voicemails for the same request in the same week, as it delays our response rate. We are working diligently to respond as soon as possible (within 48 hours during normal business hours) to your Academic Advising request or question.
Need to schedule an Appointment?
Advisors can assist you in understanding course requirements, plan out your path to program/degree completion, successfully transfer to a four-year college or university, and much more. Click on your advisor’s name to schedule an appointment through Microsoft Teams. Please note: Advisors only book out 14 days in advance; keep checking back for availability or submit a ticket with questions.
If you’re not sure of who your advisor is, or you can’t meet during their availability, please submit a ticket or call us at 425-564-2212 to set up your appointment.
Need to ask a Quick Question?
Do you have a quick question, such as whether a specific class will count towards your program of study, unsure if you’re interpreting Degree Audit accurately, or another question that may not require creating or revising an Education Plan? Please submit a ticket, and our team will respond within 48 business hours. Be sure to select “Academic Advising” in the drop down menu.
Frequently Requested Services Shared on Behalf of Other Departments
- CARES Act Emergency Funding
- Online Prerequisite Clearing Process: Submit your transcript to gain entry for a class for which you have met the prerequisites. Follow-up with Placement & Testing Services for more information.
- Running Start: Schedule an appointment with your Bellevue College Running Start advisor. Follow-up with the Center for High School Programs for more information.
- Official Transcripts: Request your official transcript be sent from Bellevue College to another institution. Follow-up with Student Central for more information.
- Transfer-in Credits: Officially transfer-in credits earned at other institutions.
Updates by Emily Kolby, Director of Advising