Academic Advising is serving students remotely during this time
Due to the COVID-19 health crisis and mandated staff reductions in hours, the office is currently experiencing a critical backlog in nearly all areas of work. This includes responding to phone calls, tickets, and emails. Please be patient as we work to address your question or need as quickly as possible. We ask that you do not submit a duplicate ticket within the same week if you have not yet heard back.
Submit an online ticket or call 425-564-2212 to ask an advising question or schedule an appointment.
All appointments are being held over the phone or via online video conferencing using Microsoft Teams.
New to BC? Complete New Student Orientation, then check out these resources
The Academic Advising Department promotes student success by engaging students in developing educational plans in relation to their career and life goals. We strive to meet the diverse and unique needs of each student by mutual teaching, learning, and relationship building.
Our Academic Advisors Can Help You:
Understand course requirements
Plan your path to program/degree completion,
Successfully transfer to a four-year college or university
We recognize that this may be a stressful time and Spring Quarter at Bellevue College will feel differently than other quarters. We want you to know that we are here to support you and provide assistance in planning for this quarter and beyond. We have a few options for services during this time:
- Online via ticket
- Examples include: double-checking if a class will count toward your program (please let us know the class you’re thinking about and your program), how to add/drop/waitlist classes, college deadlines, etc.
- Please provide a phone number if you would like a call back at any time
- Call us at 425-564-2212 or include the following information in a ticket:
· What is your program of study? If you are transferring, what is your intended major?
· What is the availability for the date requested?
· What is your BC email?
· What is your SID number?
· What questions do you have for the advisor?
· What is a good number for an advisor to call you for a phone appointment?
Sample ticket submission:
Hi, my name is Bellevue Bulldog. This upcoming quarter would be my first quarter. I completed an online orientation. I am currently getting a DTA because I want to transfer to UW for Psychology. My availability for the today is 8-5, and tomorrow is after 1pm. If there’s no appointments available today or tomorrow, please call me at 111-222-3333 to schedule an appointment later. I need help picking out classes for next quarter. My BC email is “firstname.lastname@example.org”.