The HS+ program offers a WA state high school diploma for those who are 18 years, or older. Students can apply previously earned high school credits, job trainings, life experience with our curriculum to finish their coursework. Students must be 18+ years of age or older at the time of enrollment. Students can fit the HS+ around their schedule as classes are online.
Tuition is $25 per quarter for the Adult Basic Education (ABE) and High School Completion (HSC) program.
- Please pay online with card through the self-service portal on ctcLink. Instructions are here for making a payment: http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79750/l/1179237-9-2-student-self-service-make-a-payment
- Or you can pay by phone 425-564-2309 with a card over the phone at your convenience. We are available Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Help with payments (Tuition Waivers) is available with a: Quest card, unemployed, DSHS, SSI, WIC, HUD, Free or reduced lunch, or have a letter from a community organization. Please complete the tuition waiver form here.
- Tuition waivers are required for each quarter you are enrolled.
- Tuition waivers require your ctcLink ID and should be completed in the first four weeks of the quarter.
- Tuition Waivers are processed by the enrollment office and take 1-2 weeks to process. Please visit the https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/studentcentral Student Central website to request help with your waiver status.
All new students and returning students who have been gone for 3+ years are required to take a 3-day orientation course.
An evaluation of your transcripts must be done to find out what courses you need to complete your diploma. The State of Washington sets the minimum requirements for the high school diploma, depending upon your entry to 9thgrade. A total of 19 to 24 credits are required and are spread among English, mathematics, history, government, art, science, physical education, occupational subjects, and electives.
Bellevue College offers a wide variety of ways to complete these requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule an appointment with the HS+ Navigator. IMPORTANT: Bring your high school transcript to your appointment. Visit or call the last school you attended, or the school district headquarters, to get a copy of your transcript.
The Navigator will examine transcripts and knowledge gained from life experience, and work with you to craft an educational plan to fill gaps.
To prepare for this initial meeting, consider the following questions:
- What high school credits do you already have?
- Do you have work, training, or military experience?
- Do you have any certifications (such as CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers’ Card, Forklift, etc.)?
- Have you taken any GED® tests or college classes?
Request an official high school transcript and gather documentation of any college credits you have, as well as certifications or other activities that may count towards your diploma.
There’s no right answer to this question. Depending on your academic skills, how much time you have to complete your education, and what your goals are in life, any option can be the right one. Either version of the high school diploma requires effort, class attendance, and completion of credits.
A high school equivalency examination such as the GED® may be the fastest way for you to meet your goals, since it requires only that you pass a standardized test. However, institutions such as the military restrict the admission of GED® completers and may give preference to applicants holding a high school diploma.
An evaluation of your transcripts must be done before we can tell you what courses you need to complete your diploma. The State of Washington sets the minimum requirements for the high school diploma, depending upon your entry to 9thgrade.
A total of 19 to 24 credits are required and are spread among English, mathematics, history, government, art, science, physical education, occupational subjects, and electives.
Bellevue College offers a wide variety of ways to complete these requirements
Last Updated January 19, 2022