Promoting inclusivity and diversity in the classroom is the instructor’s privilege and responsibility. Join Myriam Feldman and Archana Alwar to explore how you can apply equity and access practices to online teaching and cultivate a sense of belonging for our students. This workshop will include examples, group discussions, scenarios, role-playing and opportunities to grow.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognize the scope of inclusivity and diversity while teaching remotely
- Increase knowledge of identity and bias in the learning environment
- Provide a balance between asynchronous and synchronous tools and course materials
- Identify areas of improvement for equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Plan to implement new pedagogical approaches or other changes to your course
Poly-synchronous: October 9 – November 13 on Canvas with two required synchronous meetings, October 9 and November 13, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
15 PD Hours – 12 seats | $250 stipend
This workshop is full! Please sign up on our waitlist.
Last Updated September 17, 2020