As we’re anticipating a re-opening of the campus in the coming year, we need to start considering how to bring what we’ve learned about effective teaching in a virtual class to our face-to-face courses. Promoting inclusivity and diversity in the classroom is the instructor’s privilege and responsibility. How can we do this in a hybrid or blended class model? Join Weina Sun and Archana Alwar to explore how you can apply equity and access practices to hybrid teaching and cultivate a sense of belonging for our students.
This workshop will include examples, group discussions, scenarios, role-playing, and opportunities to grow. By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognize the scope of inclusivity and diversity in hybrid instruction
- Raise awareness of assumptions and biases in the learning environment
- Provide a balance between in-class and online methods of course delivery to support students learning
- Identify areas of improvement for equity, diversity, and inclusion and diversify the curriculum
- Plan to implement new pedagogical approaches or other changes to your course
Poly-synchronous: October 7 – November 9 on Canvas with two synchronous meetings,
Tuesdays, October 12 and November 9, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Last Updated October 30, 2021