Accepted students must meet all immunization requirements. Upon acceptance into the program students will be required to submit copies of their immunization records. The information below only provides an overview.
For more detailed information, check the 2020-2021 CPNW Clinical Passport
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (TDap) – vaccine within the past 10 yrs.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – two doses of MMR vaccine at appropriate intervals or positive MMR titer results
- Hepatitis B – Series of 3 Hepatitis B shots completed at appropriate time intervals plus a positive Hep B titer result.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – two doses of Varicella vaccine at appropriate intervals or positive Varicella titer result.
- TB Skin Test (also called PPD test) – initial 2 step testing with negative result and 00 mm induration or negative QuantiFERON blood test. Yearly test required after initial test with negative result and 00 mm induration.
Background Check/Drug Screening
Many professions require background checks. Bellevue College requires you to obtain national
background checks at specific points during this program. Acceptance into this program is
contingent on a national background check, and one or more additional checks will be done during
the program. Some clinics or hospitals require an independent background check per their
institutional requirements. Likewise, they may require drug screening(s) per their institutional
requirements. Students are required to abide by requirements in accordance with their clinical
Clinical placements are based on program capacity. Travel to and from geographically dispersed
clinical settings is required. All efforts are made to place students so that travel is minimal if
Many clinics and hospitals only have paid parking available. To meet clinical outcomes students are
required to travel and pay required parking fees, as necessary.
Malpractice coverage is embedded in clinical course fees. Therefore, students must be enrolled in a
clinical course when assigned to a clinical setting. Students will not be permitted to attend clinic
when not enrolled. Any missed time due to lapse will need to be made up for clinical credit.
Last Updated April 29, 2021