Thank you for your interest in applying to the Radiation & Imaging Sciences – Medical Dosimetry program. We are excited at the possibility of you joining the Bellevue College Bulldog family and furthering your career as an imaging professional! Please carefully review the application below. Incomplete applications will not be considered for acceptance.
Please Note: To be eligible to apply to this program you will need to be already an ARRT certified Radiation Therapist RT(T). If you are not one yet, please go to our radiation therapy program website for more information.
2022 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED –
2024 Applications will open Dec. 1, 2023
2022 Medical Dosimetry Application Timeline
- Application Opens – December 1, 2023
- Application Deadline – February 28, 2024
- Interview letters – April 2024
- Interviews – May 2024 via Zoom (exact dates TBD – please check back after Feb. 28, 2024)
- Acceptance letters – July 2024
Step 1 – Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
- If you are a current BC student Skip this part.
- If you are not a current BC student yet you will need to apply to Bellevue College first. Apply to BC HERE. If you have applied before or have taken courses at BC, apply again if you:
- Applied before 2019 OR
- Attended a program that did not collect residency information (non-credit classes, continuing education, College in the High School, CTE/Tech Prep, Running Start 2019 or earlier)
- Admission applications are typically processed within 2–3 business days. You will be notified by email once you are admitted and informed of the next steps. Your admission letter also includes your ctcLink ID and information about the next steps and how to set up your BC NetID (email).
- Take note of your ctcLink ID #. You will need to enter this on your Medical Dosimetry (DOSM) online program application through CAS.
- There is $66.00 application fee which will be charged only if you will register for classes. For example if you get accepted to the program this fee will be added to your first quarter classes. No fee will be charged if you don’t register for classes.
PLEASE NOTE: International students who are F-1 visa holders are not eligible to complete this program. Please contact our Office of International Education for additional details.
Step 2 – Submit official copies of your transcripts and complete a Transfer Credit Request
- Please note that you will need to submit a copy of your official transcript/s first before you can submit a transfer credit request. If you submit a transfer request before Evaluations received your official transcripts, your request will be canceled. Check first to make sure they have received copies of your official transcripts before submitting your transfer credit request. Follow instructions on where to send your official transcripts and how to submit a Transfer Credit request HERE.
Step 3 – Check to make sure you have all prerequisite requirements for your intended concentration.
Check the prerequisite requirements for your intended Medical Dosimetry concentration HERE.
Step 4 – Prepare your supporting documents for upload
You will need to have the following items ready to upload in your online Medical Dosimetry (DOSM) CAS application.
- Unofficial Transcripts from colleges where you completed prerequisite courses and BS degree (for BAS track). The unofficial copies will be used by the program for the selection/admission process. The official transcripts that you will submit to BC will go to Bellevue College Evaluation Office for transfer of your credits to your Medical Dosimetry degree if you are accepted to the program.
- Personal Statement (no more than 500 words) discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; and how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to the community, the healthcare industry, and to Bellevue College. PDF preferred and use file name: StudentName_PersonalStatement
- ARRT Radiation Therapy Certification RT(T) – PDF copy of your certification and use file name: StudentName_ARRTCertification
- Recommendations – Your Medical Dosimetry Application through CAS will require two recommendations from people who personally knows your work like your current or past supervisor. If you are applying to this program immediately after completing your radiation therapy program, ask your instructors. Professional recommendation request will be sent through your CAS program application. You will need to provide the Name and email address of the person so make sure to keep that handy when you start filling out your Dosimetry program CAS application.
Step 5 – Complete your Medical Dosimetry CAS application
The Medical Dosimetry program is a selective/competitive admissions program. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. Requesting reinstatement/readmission does not also guarantee automatic readmission into the program. All applications are managed through the Common Application System (CAS).
- Start working on your Medical Dosimetry program online application by creating an account through the Common Apps System (CAS) HERE
- From CAS Choose your program – search for Bellevue College and then add Medical Dosimetry to your list of programs.
- Complete your Medical Dosimetry Program CAS online Application on or before February 28, 2021.
- There is a non-refundable $125.00 program application fee.
- If you need help or have questions please check out the CAS Liaison’s Help Center. You can also do Live Chat
Last Updated November 21, 2022