Thank you for your interest in applying to the Radiation Therapy Associates of Applied Science Degree (AAS) program. We are excited at the possibility of you joining the Bellevue College Bulldog family and becoming a Radiation Therapist professional! Please carefully review the application below. Incomplete applications will not be considered for acceptance.
2022 APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Timeline for 2023 Applications
- Applications accepted -December 1, 2022
- Deadline for submitting online application – February 28, 2023
- Hospital Observations – March 31, 2023. See message below under “Update on Hospital Observations”
- Interview Letters – Last week of March 2023. Interviews – TBD usually 2nd Wednesday of April. Interviews will be conducted in person unless pandemic guidelines change.
- Acceptance Letters – Last week of May 2023.
Note to current applicants:
Some sites are now allowing students to do hospital observations but is limited to 2023 applicants only. If you are an applicant this year (2023) and have attended one of our zoom information sessions, please send an email to email@example.com to request for a copy of the Hospital Observation/Checklist form. You will submit a copy of your completed form to your CAS application.
Note to future applicants:
Observations are limited and reserved for 2023 applicants only. If you are not applying for 2023 please refrain from doing hospital observations at this time.
Step 1 – Apply for Admission to Bellevue College
- New Applicant – apply using the link above.
- Returning students – most returning students do not need to reapply for admission if they previously attended the college. If you last attended the college (enrolled for classes) more than four quarters ago, submit a term activation request form so we can activate your account. However, you may need to apply again if you:
- Applied before 2019 and never enrolled for classes, or
- Last enrolled in classes before 2015, or
- Took part in a program that did not collect residency information. These programs include:
- Non-credit community or continuing education classes,
- College in the High School,
- CTE/Tech Prep, and
- Running Start 2019 or earlier, and
- Career Education Options (CEO) 2021 or earlier.
- Take note of your ctcLink ID #. You will need to enter this on your online program application through CAS.
- There is $66.00 application fee which will be charged only if you will register for classes. For example if you get accepted to the program this fee will be added to your first quarter classes. No fee will be charged if you don’t register for classes.
PLEASE NOTE: International students who are F-1 visa holders are not eligible to complete this program. Please contact our Office of International Education for additional details.
Step 2 – Attend a Radiation Therapy program information session.
All applicants are required to attend at least one information session as part of the application process. Attendance is required before doing hospital observations.
Step 3 – Check your prerequisite courses
Check to make sure you have the completed the prerequisite courses and met the requirements. You must have all prerequisite courses completed by the end of winter quarter 2023 to be eligible to apply for the class that would start fall quarter 2023. Check the prerequisite courses and requirements.
Step 4 – Prepare your supporting documents for your CAS Program Application.
Prepare the following documents and keep them handy before starting your Radiation Therapy CAS program application:
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts from each College that you have attended for the prerequisite courses.
- Personal Statement – for first time applicants only. Prepare a statement of not more than 500 words discussing specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any personal or imposed challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program. Please make sure to include your name on top of the page.
- Re-Applicant Statement – for reapplicants only. The Re-applicant statement is a time for you to highlight the things that you have done over the past year to strengthen this year’s application. No need to submit a Personal Statement also if you are a reapplicant. Please make sure to include your name on top of the page.
- Hospital Observation form and Checklist – you will need to attend one of the information sessions in order to get a copy of the form.
- Update on Hospital Observations – Only a limited number of clinical sites are allowing hospital observations at this time. Priority is given to 2023 applicants. If you are not applying for 2023 please refrain from doing hospital observations at this time. To obtain a copy of the form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the form. You must included the date that you attended the zoom information session on your email. If you are a reapplicant and have already completed a hospital observation, you are not required to schedule another observation.
- Prerequisite Tracking Sheet – document your prerequisite courses. Complete this form and save a copy on your computer before uploading to CAS. (NEW requirement for 2023)
Step 5 – Apply to the Radiation Therapy Program
The Radiation Therapy program is a selective/competitive admissions program. All applications are managed through the Common Application System (CAS). Admission to this program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. Requesting reinstatement/readmission does not also guarantee automatic readmission into the program
- Download a copy of the Radiation Therapy CAS Application Checklist. This will help you navigate your way through the CAS online app and see which fields are optional and not required.
- Start working on your Radiation Therapy online application by creating an account through the Common Apps System (CAS)
- From CAS Choose your program – search for Bellevue College and then add Radiation Therapy to your list of programs.
- Complete your Radiation Therapy CAS Application on or before February 28, 2023.
- There is a non-refundable $40.00 program application fee.
- If you need help or have questions please check out the CAS Liaison’s Help Center. You can also do Live Chat.
Applying for Additional Programs
Some students apply for more than one program within Health Sciences, Education & Wellness division. For instance, you might want to apply for both the Radiation Therapy and Radiologic Technology programs. If you would like to do this, please note that you will need to complete an application and pay an application fee for each program.
You should also know that each program has unique requirements, procedures, and application periods/deadlines. It’s your responsibility make sure that your application is complete and submitted before each deadline.