Please take note on recent changes to our list of Prerequisite courses.
All Applicants to the Radiologic Technology program are required to complete the following prerequisite courses. Each prerequisite course must be completed with a grade of 2.7 or higher.
- ENGL& 101 English Composition I, 5 Credits
- MATH – choose one from the following:
- MATH 099 Intermediate Algebra, 5 Credits (completed within the last 5 yrs.)
- Assessment into MATH&141 Precalculus I (taken within the last year)
- BIOL& 241 Human Anatomy & Physiology I with lab, 6 Credits (completed within the last 5 yrs.)
- BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy & Physiology II with lab, 6 Credits (completed within the last 5 yrs.)
- AHE 110 Medical Terminology, 5 Credits (Newly added prerequisite starting 2021 applications)
- One Diversity course:
- CMST 252 Communication in a Diverse Healthcare Workplace, 5 credits (replaces CMST 250 Communication in a Diverse Workplace starting Summer 2020) or
- CMST 280 Intercultural Communication, 5 credits
Prerequisite courses must also meet the following requirements:
- All courses must be from a regionally accredited college.
- Each prerequisite course may be repeated up to a maximum of 2 times. If the BIOL&241 and BIOL&242 courses are repeated within the 5 year period, first and retake grades will be averaged.
- BIOL&241 and BIOL&242 hybrid courses* must have:
- Hands on labs that meet on campus.
- All exams either proctored or on campus
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions affecting on-campus meetings, the Radiologic Technology program will be accepting fully on-line BIOL& 241 and BIOL& 242 through the admission period 2023 (extended). This means last quarter you can take online BIOL&241 and BIOL&242 for 2023 applications is Spring quarter 2023.
Please refer to the following resources to check your previous or future coursework from other nationally accredited College or University and find out if they meet the prerequisite requirements for the program:
List of direct equivalents or acceptable courses for the Radiologic Technology program prerequisite courses from other Washington State Colleges.
If you do not see your courses listed on the RATEC Course Equivalency Table please fill out our prerequisite review/approval worksheet and submit with an unofficial copy of your transcript/s.
Please follow up with up by email if you have not received a response after 10 business days on your prerequisite approval worksheet request.
If you need more information on how your grades would transfer over to Bellevue College go to:
For questions, please contact our Radiologic Technology program via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated May 10, 2022