Thank you for your interest in applying to the Radiologic Technology Associates of Arts program. We are excited at the possibility of you joining the Bellevue College Bulldog family and becoming a Radiologic Technology professional! Please carefully review the application below. Incomplete applications will not be considered for acceptance.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED FOR 2022 – Will open on
Dec. 1, 2022 for 2023 Applications
Timeline for 2022 Applications
- Applications accepted -December 1, 2021
- Deadline for submitting online application – February 18, 2022 (new deadline date)
- Interview Letters – First week of April 2022 (updated 4/1/22)
- Interviews – April 28 Thursday, April 29 (Friday), and May 6 (Friday). Interviews will be conducted in person unless pandemic guidelines change.
- Acceptance Letters – Last week of May 2022
Step 1 – Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
- You will need to apply to BC if you are a new student (first time Bellevue College Applicant). If you have applied before or have taken courses at BC, apply again only if you:
- Applied before 2019 OR
- Attended a program that did not collect residency information (non-credit classes, continuing education, College in the High School, CTE/Tech Prep, Running Start 2019 or earlier)
- If you are a current BC student and already have a ctcLink ID – skip this step.
- Admission applications are typically processed within 2–3 business days. You will be notified by email once you are admitted and informed of the next steps. Your admission letter also includes your ctcLink ID and information about the next steps and how to set up your BC NetID (email).
- Take note of your ctcLink ID #. You will need to enter this on your online program application through CAS.
- There is $66.00 application fee which will be charged only if you will register for classes. For example if you get accepted to the program this fee will be added to your first quarter classes. No fee will be charged if you don’t register for classes.
PLEASE NOTE: International students who are F-1 visa holders are not eligible to complete this program. Please contact our Office of International Education for additional details.
Step 2 – View the Virtual Information Session
All applicants are required to view the Virtual Information Session as part of the application requirements. To view go HERE. Make sure to save a copy of your Certificate of Completion because you will need to upload a copy of it in your online Program CAS application.
Step 3 – Check your prerequisite courses
Check to make sure you have met all the required prerequisites for this program. You must have all prerequisite courses completed either winter or spring quarter 2022 to be eligible to apply for the class that would start summer 2022. Check the prerequisite courses and requirements for this program HERE.
Step 4 – Prepare your supporting documents for your CAS program application.
You will need to upload copies of the following on your CAS online application:
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts from each College that you have attended for the prerequisite courses.
- Personal Statement – for first time applicants only. Prepare a statement of not more than 500 words discussing specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any personal or imposed challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program. Please make sure to include your name on top of the page.
- Re-Applicant Statement – for reapplicants only. The Re-applicant statement is a time for you to highlight the things that you have done over the past year to strengthen this year’s application. Please make sure to include your name on top of the page.
- Patient Care or Radiology Experience – needed only if you have completed 50 hours or more of patient care or radiology experience within the last 5 years.
- Write one paragraph describing the type of experience, number of hours and a description of typical duties in that capacity.
- Include also appropriate documentation to verify the experience.
- If you did volunteer work for the experience include a print out of your completed hours with area of assignment.
- If work experience – include letter from supervisor with contact information, stating the capacity of your healthcare employment.
Step 5 – Apply to the Radiologic Technology Program
The Radiologic Technology program is a selective/competitive admissions program. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. All applications are managed through the Common Application System (CAS).
- Start working on your Radiologic Technology online application by creating an account through the Common Apps System (CAS) HERE
- From CAS Choose your program – search for Bellevue College and then add Radiologic Technology to your list of programs.
- Download a copy of the Prerequisite Tracking sheet HERE so you can gather information on your completed or in progress prerequisite courses. Having this form filled out and on hand will make it easier when filling out your program online CAS application.
- Complete your Radiologic Technology Program CAS online Application on or before February 15, 2021.
- There is a non-refundable $40.00 program application fee.
- If you need help or have questions please check out the CAS Liaison’s Help Center. You can also do Live Chat
Applying for Additional Programs
Some students apply for more than one program within the Health Sciences, Education & Wellness division. For instance, you might want to apply for both the Radiation Therapy and Radiologic Technology programs. If you would like to do this, please note that you will need to complete an application and pay an application fee for each program.
You should also know that each program has unique requirements, procedures, and application periods/deadlines. It’s your responsibility make sure that your application is complete and submitted before each deadline.
Last Updated June 10, 2022