Also, if you are interested in surveying, we recommend contacting the Office of Effectiveness and Researct (ER) for assistance. They provide in depth guidance throughout the surveying process.
Before you begin surveying:
All surveys must comply with Bellevue College’s policies relating to the prevention of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- All surveys must comply with Bellevue College’s policies and procedures relating to data handling, storage and security.
- All surveys of students must comply with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) regulations.
- All surveys must comply with Bellevue College’s policies and procedures relating to the use of human participants in research activities as implemented by the Bellevue College Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- All surveys that may lead to publication of results must go through the IRB approval process. If you are unsure if these policies apply to your research, please visit the IRB website.
- All surveys conducted by or on behalf of a person external to Bellevue College on Bellevue College students, staff or faculty must be sponsored by a Bellevue College employee and must go through the IRB approval process.
Survey Services provided by the college:
The Office of Effectiveness and Research (ER) provides survey services to assist you throughout the process:
- Help you define purpose and scope of survey based on stakeholder needs and target audience.
- Collaborate on survey design – we can draft, you can review and make final decisions; or you can draft, we can review and make recommendations.
- Implement survey in the ER-managed Qualtrics account; or can implement the survey in your own Qualtrics account under the Bellevue College Qualtrics License.
- Advise on survey dissemination strategies.
- You will be responsible for assembling target population email list and for survey dissemination.
- Develop survey reports and help analyze the survey, only if the survey is managed through the ER Qualtrics account.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for survey assistance.
The Office of Effectiveness and Research (ER) does not offer Qualtrics training.
Interested in learning more about creating surveys using Qualtrics? Sign up for a Quick Start with Qualtrics session! Walk through the Qualtrics interface while learning some surveying basics to help you get up and running. If you are unable to attend their live session or if you would like a more in-depth training, check out their On-Demand (pre-recorded) Webinars.
To access Qualtrics, click on the login button at the top of this page. You will use your Bellevue College credentials to login. For technical assistance, Qualtrics has a Support Portal where you can watch instructional videos on how to build content within Qualtrics. You can also reach out to Qualtrics should anything go wrong within the tool. If you need additional support, you can submit a ticket.