The Health & Wellness program at Bellevue College offers an industry-relevant bachelors degree that will prepare students to work proactively in prevention of chronic disease within the wider community. Admission to the program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. We highly encourage you to meet with our Program Manager before applying to the program!
- Application opens April 15
- Priority Deadline June 1
- Final Deadline August 15
- Classes begin in September
All prospective students are encouraged to attend at least one information session to learn more about prerequisite courses, application process and other program details. Please check out upcoming information sessions and select the session that is right for you!
Step 1: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters, you must apply to the college first. Current BC students may skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
- This link takes you the Washington State Community and Technical College Web Admissions Center. Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Allow 1-3 business days for the Welcome Center to process your application. We send you a Welcome Letter email with instructions for your next steps.
- The college places a $55 admission/placement fee on your account at the time we process your application. You pay this fee at the time you pay your first quarter tuition. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
Step 2: Assess – Submit official transcripts to Bellevue College Evaluations & complete a Transcript Evaluation Review Request
Please note that you DO NOT need to request transcripts from Bellevue College as we are able to look those up for you! Additionally, it may take a few weeks to have your transcripts sent over and reviewed. Please give yourself 3-4 weeks to complete this process if at all possible.
Assess – Submit unofficial high school or college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org OR take the math & English placement tests if you need to clear a prerequisite from a course. This is common if students need to take ENGL 201 or MATH 130 and have not completed ENGL& 101 or MATH 98 at Bellevue College. More information….
Step 3: Prepare your supporting materials
Please have the following items ready for submission with your Health & Wellness Bachelors of Applied Science application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges attended demonstrating completion of the prerequisite courses with a grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words) discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program.
- Diversity statement (no more than a page) discussing how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to the community, the healthcare industry, and to Bellevue College.
- Two letters of recommendation, from someone who personally knows your work, such as your current or past supervisor, instructor, advisor, or volunteer coordinator discussing your contributions to your work place and how they believe you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If the person writing your letter prefer to email their letter privately, please have them send it to email@example.com
- Application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application. The application fee is $50.
Step 4: Complete and Submit the online Health & Wellness Application
Please have all supporting documents prepared prior to completing your application. The application will only be visible once the application is live on April 15. Admission to this program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces.
Your application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application. The application fee for the Health & Wellness Bachelors of Applied Science concentration application fee is $50. Please save your confirmation email as proof that your application has been successfully completed.
Step 5: Attend Orientation
General Orientation – If you are a new student to Bellevue College complete the New Student Intake form and the BC New Student Orientation online or in person. This orientation will go over general information including how to register classes, resources on campus, and a virtual tour.
Health & Wellness, BAS Orientation – Once you have been admitted you will be invited to attend a student orientation. The orientation will be held Tues, September 14 from 4:00-6:00 PM and will be online due to COVID-19 precautions. This orientation will be a way for you to connect early on with your peers, faculty, staff, and learn in-depth about what to expect in your next few years in our program.
Last Updated January 29, 2021