Drop-in tutoring is available all hours the Math Lab is open. A combination of peer and professional tutors are always available to assist you. You can:
- drop by for help on specific math homework problems or math concepts
- work on your math homework in an area where assistance is available
Note: The Math Lab staff is unable to assist you in working problems from take home exams, quizzes or assignments that will be graded by your instructor. The Math Lab staff is happy to assist you with problems from your textbook that are similar to, but not included in, your take home exam, quiz, or assignment.
Math Drop-In Tutoring is also available in other locations on campus, please check the Drop-In Tutoring Schedules.
Textbooks and Solution Manuals
Current textbooks and solutions manuals for most BC math courses are available for use only in the Math Lab/Academic Success Center. Photo ID is required to check out these materials. All materials can be checked out at the front desk of the Academic Success Center.
Individual Math Tutoring
To schedule a 25 minute appointment with the Math Lab, go to the Front Desk in the Academic Success Center to arrange it in person any time during business hours. Appointments are only available during Fall, Winter and Spring quarter (no appointments available during Summer quarter).
Appointments will be available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, 11:30am, 12:00pm and 12:30pm.
Please help us serve as many students as possible by observing the following:
- Complete the Math Lab Appointment Log at the front desk. Your Bellevue College email address is required. A reminder email will be sent the day before your scheduled appointment. If you have not set up your BC student network account, you may do so through MyBC.
- Schedule appointments at least 1 day in advance.
- Schedule only one appointment at a time
- Cancel appointments in advance by talking to the Front Desk in person or by phone (425-564-2200).
- If you show up less than 10 minutes late, you will receive whatever time remains of your appointment.
- Any available same-day appointment times will be listed in the math lab and filled on a first come basis
- If you miss two appointments, we won’t make you any more appointments for the rest of the quarter. You may continue to drop in.
Online Math Tutoring
Online tutoring is free to all BC students! Visit http://www.etutoring.org/ and follow the login prompt for Western e-Tutoring Consortium and then Bellevue College. Available schedules and information will be listed on their website. If your log-in does not work, a student profile may need to be created. Please call or visit the Academic Success Center front desk to get your profile set up. Online tutoring is available even during quarter breaks.
Online Math Resources
Test Math skills and practice where you need to improve-at your own pace.
This is a great site to learn about all things Math, Science and Finance.
Quiet Study Area
One of the rooms available in the Math Lab is a designated Quiet Study Area in which no talking is allowed. However, access to the tutors in the main Math Lab area is only a door away.
The Math Lab provides access to Mac and Windows computers for use by students enrolled in BC math classes. These computers are loaded with Maple and other software used in math classes at the college. Color printers are available for printing Maple documents and graphs.
Note: Word processing and non-math applications are not available in the Math Lab. Those applications are available in the Open Computer Lab located in N250 and/or in the ASC computer Lab.
Last Updated May 24, 2016