The Math Lab provides free drop-in tutoring for students currently enrolled in many mathematics courses offered by the Bellevue College Mathematics Program.
Drop-in tutoring is available all hours the Math Lab is open. A combination of peer and professional tutors are always available to assist you. You can:
- drop by for help on specific math homework problems or math concepts
- work on your math homework in an area where assistance is available
Note: The Math Lab staff is unable to assist you in working problems from take home exams, quizzes or assignments that will be graded by your instructor. The Math Lab staff is happy to assist you with problems from your text that are similar to, but not included in, your take home exam, quiz, or assignment.
Appointments for individual math assistance (beginning during the second week of the quarter)
To schedule a 25 minute appointment with the Math Lab, you MUST go to the Front Desk in the Academic Success Center to arrange it IN PERSON any time during business hours. Appointments will be offered Monday - Thursday from 9:00am - 11:00am and from 2:00pm - 4:00pm.
Please help us serve as many students as possible by observing the following:
- Complete the Math Lab Appointment Log at the front desk. Your Bellevue College email address is required. A reminder email will be sent the day before your scheduled appointment. If you have not set up your BC student network account, you may do so through MyBC.
- Schedule appointments at least 1 day in advance.
- Schedule only one appointment at a time. If you have more than one pending appointment, the later ones will be deleted.
- Cancel appointments in advance by talking to the Front Desk in person or by phone (425-564-2200).
- If you show up less than 10 minutes late, you will receive whatever time remains of your appointment.
- Any available same-day appointment times will be listed in the math lab and filled on a first come basis
- If you miss two appointments, we won’t make you any more appointments for the rest of the quarter. You may continue to drop in.
Online Tutoring for Math classes!!
Online tutoring is now available! Visit http://www.etutoring.org/ and follow the login prompt for Western e-Tutoring Consortium and then Bellevue College. Available schedules and information will be listed on their website.
Quiet Study Area
One of the rooms available in the Math Lab is a designated Quiet Study Area in which no talking is allowed. However, access to the tutors in the main Math Lab area is only a door away.
The Math Lab provides access to Mac and Windows computers for use by students enrolled in BC math classes. These computers are loaded with Maple and other software used in math classes at the college. Color printers are available for printing Maple documents and graphs.
Note: Word processing and non-math applications are not available in the Math Lab. Those applications are available in the Open Computer Lab located in N250 and/or in the Writing Lab
Textbooks and Solution Manuals
Current textbooks and complete solutions manuals for most BC math courses are available for use only in the Math Lab / Academic Success Center. For extra practice or additional explanations, textbooks and solution manuals that are no longer in use in BC Math classes may also be available. Photo ID is required to check out these materials. All materials can be checked out at the front desk of the Academic Success Center.
Student Usage Tracking
All students entering the Math Lab are required to sign-in at the ASC reception desk near the main entrance in D204. Please sign-in again each time you leave and then return so that each visit gets counted. This is very important because the continuation of funding for tutors depends on the usage data gathered through the sign-in system.