Welcome! We’re glad you’ve found us! To learn more about the Neurodiversity Navigators (formerly Autism Spectrum Navigators) program, please look at our “Program Information” page.
If you are a current Bellevue College student, please see the All Neurodivergent Students page for how we can work with you right now!
Entry is Summer only. Start early: some steps take time!
Fall 2020 is now CLOSED to new Neurodiversity Navigators students. There are no exceptions to this.
Please note: You must attend Summer Orientation to be included in the program. Orientation will be completely Online: August 3, 4, 5, & 6, August 10, 11, 12, 13 AND August 17, 18, 19, 20. Please reserve 2 hours per day to work on class, including from 3-4 p.m. each day to be PRESENT online.
As with everything in the NdN program, please contact us if you run into barriers, including missed deadlines.
See Notes* below.
If you’re ready to get going, here’s a Next Steps checklist:
*1. Attend an information session. If you’ve missed this year’s Information Sessions, please view the recording at the link above.
*2. Apply to Bellevue College. Be sure to mark SUMMER 2020 as your first quarter. (The Neurodiversity Navigators Orientation takes place during Summer Quarter, so be sure to do this!) Learn about eligibility requirements here. Do this as soon as possible See the Enrollment Calendars here
If you’ve missed a deadline, please contact us so we can help!
a) If you are a Running Start student, be sure to follow all Running Start guidelines as well. You will need to apply for Summer Enrichment in order to register for the summer orientation class. Check with Running Start for additional information and guidelines.
b) Although official Summer registration ends in late June, you will still be able to register for the Orientation class until July 28. Please contact us if you run into registration barriers.
c) Students: As a college student, you have a legal right to privacy. If you want your parents or someone else to be included in information, or be able to phone or email on your behalf, you must fill out a Release of Information Form (FERPA form). You will need to bring it, along with photo i.d., to the our office in the Library or to an Information Session.
3. When you receive your Student Identification Number (SID) from the college, create your Bellevue College email address. This is called your NetID. You can do that here: www.bellevuecollege.edu/netid/default.aspx. Be sure to write down or remember your password!
4. Ascertain English placement. You must be placed into English 072 or above by the Testing Center for the Neurodiversity Navigators program. Please tell the Testing Center that you want to be part of the Neurodiversity Navigators program.
We will meet with you once you’ve completed this, so get it done as soon as possible! Note: because online assessment is tricky right now, consider these options first:
- Smarter Balanced scores: see requirements here
- AP/IB/Cambridge test scores: see requirements here
- Transcripts or placement tests from other colleges: see requirements here
- PSAT/SAT scores. Check with Testing Center.
(Note – all placement is determined through the Testing Center. Neurodiversity Navigators cannot accept your high school transcript for English Assessment – please inquire if you have questions.) Complete your English placement assessment prior to your meeting with us.
5. Fill out a Request for Appointment form. You will need your Student Identification Number (SID) from Bellevue College to apply, as well as your Bellevue College email address. The purpose of this appointment is for the student to have a conversation with a program administrator to ensure that the student understands the program, and to ensure that everything else is in place. Be sure to leave enough time to do Step 4 (above) prior to your appointment time. Appointment Applications close on July 17, 2020, and we must meet with you prior to July 27. If you’ve missed this deadline, please contact us to see if we still have space and time!
6. Look for an email from us with important registration information after we’ve met with you. Watch your email! We will mail only students, at their Bellevue College email address, unless we have a signed FERPA release form. See the Enrollment Calendars here
7. Register for required Neurodiversity Navigators classes and other classes by the deadline given in the email. We cannot hold a spot for you in the program if you have not registered by the deadline. Be sure to also pay for your classes. The college will drop students from classes for non-payment after 6 days, or sooner, depending on when you register. If you register for classes prior to meeting with us, please save time in your schedule for one of the following required courses:
Required Summer Orientation: Online: August 3, 4, 5, & 6, August 10, 11, 12, 13 AND August 17, 18, 19, 20. Please reserve at least 2 hours per day to work on class, including from 3-4 p.m. each day to be PRESENT online.
Required Fall Quarter Cohort Class: Skills for Navigating College and Career – days / times
Choose from MW 10:30-11:20 OR TTh 1:30-2:20
8. Let us know if you have any standing appointments or work obligations that would keep you from being able to meet with a Navigation Assistant (peer mentor) at a particular time (by the deadline given in the email).
9. Pay for your classes! Classes may be dropped by the college for nonpayment. Let us know if you change your schedule for Fall classes. We cannot accommodate schedule changes past August 15th. Once we set your peer mentor appointment, we cannot change it.
10. Save time in your schedule for the required Orientation. The required Orientation will take place during Summer quarter and will be held as a late-start Summer Quarter remote class which meets August 3, 4, 5, & 6, August 10, 11, 12, 13 AND August 17, 18, 19, 20. Please reserve 2 hours per day to work on class, including from 3-4 p.m. each day to be PRESENT online. There is a $215 tuition charge for the Orientation, and currently you will be able to earn 2 restricted-transferable elective credits for it. Students are required to attend this Orientation and must complete a minimum amount of online portions and be present online each class day from 3-4 p.m.
- Please contact us with concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having difficulty with the deadlines – we’re here to help!
- We are unable to hold individual information meetings. Please attend the Information Meeting or watch the webinar video if you’ve missed the meetings.
- Please pay close attention to deadlines for course registration, as well as payment deadlines, and check your Bellevue College email daily for important updates, both from the Neurodiversity Navigators program and from the College.
- All steps must be completed prior to July 27. Orientation class meets during Summer 2020 quarter. Students must attend Orientation. Please contact us with questions or to problem-solve barriers!
Email: email@example.com (best way to contact)
Phone: 425.564.2764 (currently unattended, please leave a message and your email address)
We strongly recommend that students register with the Disability Resource Center for ADA Testing and Classroom accommodations, however, we do not require it. During our appointment with you, we can discuss this. If you wish to have classroom and testing accommodations, the steps are below:
- Follow the steps on their “Getting Started” page: www.bellevuecollege.edu/drc/getting-started/#get-registered
- A DRC access coordinator will contact you to complete an Initial Access appointment. Watch your Bellevue College email and respond as soon as possible! They will email only the student unless you have a FERPA on file with them for others.
- The accommodations process takes time! Do this as soon as possible, concurrent with setting things up with us!
Last Updated August 20, 2020