Welcome! We’re glad you’ve found us! To learn more about the Autism Spectrum Navigators (ASN) program, please look at our “Program Information” page.
Entry is Fall only. Start early to reserve your space! Deadline for Fall 2018 has passed.
See Notes* below.
If you’re ready to get going, here’s a Next Steps checklist:
*1. Attend an ASN information session. Note: Information sessions are held January – June – required.
*2. Apply to Bellevue College. Be sure to mark SUMMER 2019 as your first quarter. (The ASN Orientation takes place during Summer Quarter, so be sure to do this!) Learn about eligibility requirements here. Do this as soon as possible.
Students: As a college student, you have a legal right to privacy. If you want your parents to be included in information, or be able to phone or email on your behalf, you must fill out a Release of Information Form (FERPA form). You will need to bring it, along with photo i.d., to the ASN office in the Library or to an ASN Information Session.
3. When you receive your Student Identification Number (SID) from the college, create your Bellevue College email address. This is called your NetID. You can do that here: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/netid/default.aspx. Be sure to write down or remember your password!
4. Fill out an ASN Application form. This form includes a short personal statement that must be filled out by the student. Fill out AFTER attending Info Session. (this form will become available again in March 2019) You will need your Student Identification Number (SID) from Bellevue College to apply, as well as your Bellevue College email address. Applications close on July 10, 2019.
5. Take Math and English assessments. You must take the English Assessment for the ASN program. Let us know once you’ve completed this! (Note – we cannot accept your high school transcript for English Assessment – please inquire if you have questions.)
6. Look for an email from ASN with important registration information approximately two days to one week after you’ve completed your English assessment. Watch your email! We will mail only students, at their Bellevue College email address, unless we have a signed FERPA.
7. Register for required ASN classes and other classes by the deadline given in the email. We cannot hold a spot for you in the ASN program if you have not registered by the deadline. Be sure to also pay for your classes. The college will drop students from classes for non-payment.
8. Let us know if you have any standing appointments or work obligations that would keep you from being able to meet with a Navigation Assistant at a particular time (by the deadline given in the email).
9. Pay for your classes! Classes may be dropped by the college for nonpayment. Let us know if you change your schedule. We cannot accommodate schedule changes past August 15th. Once we set your peer mentor appointment, we cannot change it.
10. Save time in your schedule for the ASN Orientation. The required Orientation for ASN (HD 194) will take place prior to the start of the Fall quarter, and will be held as a late-start Summer Quarter hybrid class which meets both online and in person. There is a $215 charge for the Orientation, and currently you will be able to earn 2 restricted-transferable elective credits for it. Students are required to attend ASN Orientation.
- Please contact us with concerns at email@example.com if you are having difficulty with the deadlines – we’re here to help!
- We are unable to hold individual information meetings.
- Please pay close attention to deadlines for course registration, as well as payment deadlines, and check your Bellevue College email daily for important updates, both from the ASN program and from the College.
- All steps must be completed prior to August 1. Orientation class meets prior to the start of the quarter. Students must attend Orientation. Please contact us with questions or to problem-solve barriers!
Download a detailed checklist here: NEXT STEPS (coming in January 2019 for Fall 2019)
ASN email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASN phone: 425.564.2764
ASN does not require that you register with the Disability Resource Center for ADA Testing and Classroom accommodations, however, we recommend that you do. If you wish to do this, you should do it as soon as possible. The steps are below:
- Fill out a Disability Resource Center (DRC) Initial Access Form If you prefer to fill out this form in person, you will find it at the Disability Resource Center – B 132.
- Send documentation of disability to the DRC. Ask them if you have questions about this.
- A DRC access coordinator will contact you to complete an Initial Access appointment. Watch your email and respond as soon as possible! They will only email the student unless you have a FERPA on file with them.
Last Updated July 27, 2018