Note: This is the final Daily Update. Next week, we will transition to a twice weekly ctcLink Update as we move into the stabilization phase of the project.
- 6,669 students have activated their ctcLink accounts 🎉
- More than 75% of the 193 ctcLink-related tickets created for the ITS Service Desk have been closed. ITS experienced their highest volume of calls in recent history this quarter: 281 phone calls and 65 chats.
- Did we mention that the transition to ctcLink won’t be perfect? The cause for yesterday’s outage is in review by the SBCTC. More details when they are available.
- The ctcLink transition is a process. As we navigate our first enrollment through ctcLink, we are inevitably going to discover issues –and make fixes—to the system. This is anticipated. Please be patient as our colleagues work to help others and find solutions.
Known issues that are being addressed include:
- Issues around class prerequisites showing as required when they weren’t
- Password error message
- Unable to register for classes with attached labs because lab time conflicts with class time. This is being resolved on a case-by-case basis via Request Center.
- Winter Quarter not appearing as an option to select
- Not noting ctcLink ID
- Using an unsupported browser
- Human Resources will accept requests for new hires starting Dec. 1.
- Reminder: Budget authorities should approve items submitted in ctcLink as soon as possible or delegate approval authority. More about approvals in the Finance Resource Center.
- For managers: Learn more about Timesheet Delegation and Acceptance For Managers. You can also view this SBCTC Info Session video. Advance to these minute marks for specific tasks:
- How to set up a delegation at 3:35
- Reviewing delegations already set up at 11:41
- Accepting delegation at 15:00
What’s Happening for Students?
- Winter Quarter enrollment (registration) has begun!
- Today for new students
- Yesterday (Nov. 30) for continuing students
- Monday (Nov. 29) for priority students
- Student Affairs Offices in the U Building are open.
- From Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, Public Safety will not issue parking violations. Students who need support are encouraged to access services on campus during this period. Parking lots #4, 7, and 8 are convenient to the U Building. Check out the BC Parking Lot Map for lot locations.
- Virtual Support for student account activation and enrollment is available:
- MON-THU: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- FRI: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- On-site ctcLink Student Support for account activation is available in the U Building:
- MON-THU: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Staff and faculty can view sessions about class permissions in preparation for Winter Quarter registration:
- Need to help a student activate their ctcLink account so they can enroll for Winter Quarter this week? Check out the Staff Helping Students Guide.
Staff & Faculty Helping Students
Student registration is our top priority and staff are working hard to make it happen. If virtual support is unavailable, you can open a ticket in one of two places:
- For problems with classes with a lab: Open a Non-Prereq/ERG Request Center Ticket
- For problems with prerequisites: Open a Prereq/ERG Request Center Ticket
- For everything else: Open a Student Central Ticket
Please include course numbers and course names, student ctcLink ID, student contact information and screenshots if possible. Students cannot see Request Center tickets so someone will respond to them once their issue is resolved. Student Central Tickets are visible to students, staff cannot open tickets for students.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Requisition Drop-In Help Sessions
Dec. 1, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Employees: complete a requisition, resolve budget errors, and ask questions. Come ready to enter a requisition in ctcLink!
*NEW* ctcLink HCM – W2s and Year End Prep
Dec. 8, 9 – 10 a.m.
Learn how to look up your tax documents make address changes ahead of tax season so our payroll team has your info correct.
ctcLink HCM – Navigating in Talent Acquisition Management (TAM)
Dec. 7, 1 – 2 p.m.
Most meetings will be recorded and posted on the ctcLink website.
In Case You Missed It
- The ctcLink button link for students on BC’s homepage leads to the ctcLink mobile application, which may not provide certain tiles for staff and faculty once you log in.
- To bypass the mobile view, use myaccount.ctcLink.us to go directly to the login. Staff and faculty can also login from the Resources for Faculty & Staff page. Bookmarking this page or the direct link is recommended for logging in.
- You can still review your past paystubs in Employee Earnings & Leave.
- Regarding your personal information, all staff and faculty should review and/or update the preferred contact phone number visible to other BC staff in ctcLink. This can be either your office phone number or another phone number – ctcLink lets you decide!
Last Updated December 1, 2021