Spring Quarter Enrollment
Spring Quarter enrollment is open. View the following enrollment resources based on your Bellevue College role.
In addition, the Staff Guide for Helping Students is a great resource.
ctclink Access for Faculty
Faculty Virtual Support Hours
Thursdays and Fridays through June 24: 9 – 11 a.m.
Meet with your Faculty Advocates via Zoom.
Not great timing? Email your Faculty Advocates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helping Students Transition to ctcLink
There are several ways you can prepare students for ctcLink:
A student announcement has been created regarding the move to ctcLink. It is recommended that faculty post it in their Canvas class.
TEXT OF SAMPLE ANNOUNCEMENT
Bellevue College students transitioned to a new software system called ctcLink on Nov. 17, 2021. Eventually, all 34 technical and community colleges across the state will use this software system.
This is an exciting change. If you are registered at multiple colleges within the state, your ctcLink ID will remain the same. This means if you transfer between colleges, you will not have to learn a new system. The system will visually look the same across all 34 colleges and have a fresh new face and a mobile app for the following processes:
- Registering for classes
- Viewing and updating your student information
- Managing personal contact information
- Paying tuition and fees
- Accessing/applying for financial aid
- Viewing your grades
- Tracking academic goals
- Applying for graduation
- Contacting your instructors and/or advisor
To prepare, I posted an assignment to help you get started with obtaining your ctcLink ID and logging in to the new system.
I am happy to help guide you through this process. Please let me know if you have any questions.
What to Do First in ctcLink
- Activate accounts immediately. Instructions are posted under Activate My Faculty Account. Waiting just before a time-sensitive activity (e.g. submitting grades), may not allow enough leeway to resolve challenges that may arise.
- Tell students about ctcLink. Remind them in advance that they need to activate their account.
- Monitor email for daily ctcLink updates. These emails will have time-sensitive information.
- Attend the Faculty Advocate support sessions.
- Consult the Faculty: “How Do I…?” instructions.
- Consult the Staff: “How Do I…?” instructions.
What to Avoid
- It might be more convenient to ask one of the project leads for help, but remember they are also learning ctcLink.
- The fastest way to get a lead to answer a question is to submit a ticket via one of the live support specialists.
Bellevue College is transitioning to a new PeopleSoft software system called ctcLink, which will replace a decades-old legacy system with a single, cutting-edge system of online functions. ctcLink will give students, faculty, and staff “anytime, anywhere” access to a modern way of doing college business.
The transition to ctcLink is a major statewide project designed to upgrade the information systems at all 34 Washington community and technical colleges. The project is being administered by the Washington State Board of Technical and Community Colleges (SBCTC).
Eight colleges within the Washington State Community and Technical College (WSCTC) community— Bellevue College, Bellingham Technical College, Big Bend Community College, Everett Community College, Grays Harbor College, Green River College, Skagit Valley College, Whatcom Community College – will convert to ctcLink over three weekends in October and November 2021. These colleges are referred to as Deployment Group 5 (DG5).
Faculty will have their SID replaced by a universal ctcLink ID. This ctcLink ID will be used at community and technical colleges across the state of Washington. With this new ID, faculty will have one login to access information at Bellevue College – as well as at all other Washington community and technical colleges.
Once ctcLink is implemented, faculty will be able to do the following:
- Use My Schedule to view all assigned classes
- View and print class roster
- Send group or individual email messages to students on the class roster
- View final exam schedule
- Use Grade Roster to assign grades
The following systems and their functionality will be replaced by ctcLink:
- Instructor Briefcase Grade Roster → ctcLink
- Instructor Briefcase Class Roster → ctcLink
- Degree Audit → ctcLink
- Inside Bellevue College Earnings History → ctcLink
- Inside Bellevue College Time and Leave Reporting → ctcLink
- TAR/TEV Requests → ctcLink
Note: Canvas and 25Live will remain in use in conjunction with ctcLink.
Canvas is the online Learning Management System (LMS) used by Washington State Colleges to deliver electronic course content and many other purposes. BC will continue to use Canvas with ctcLink.
Nothing will change regarding the current login for Canvas. Students/staff will continue to use their BC NetID.
Last Updated May 3, 2022