Say ‘Hello’ to ctcLink!
Welcome to ctcLink!
What’s it all about?
Bellevue College transitioned to a new PeopleSoft software system called ctcLink, which replaced and consolidated a decades-old legacy system with a single system of online functions. ctcLink gives students, faculty, and staff “anytime, anywhere” access to a modern way of doing college business.
In ctcLink implementation, conversion and validation refers to the process of loading data from the existing legacy systems to PeopleSoft. The conversion process involved identifying the data that must be brought to the new system, mapping the data to PeopleSoft fields, translating old codes into PeopleSoft codes, and finally loading the clean, compatible data into PeopleSoft.
The transition to ctcLink was a major statewide project designed to upgrade the information systems at all 34 Washington community and technical colleges. The project was administered by the Washington State Board of Technical and Community Colleges (SBCTC).
What are the benefits?
ctcLink changed many of the ways we do things. BC now has a suite of online tools and a set of common core business processes. ctcLink benefits include:
- Access to information – “anytime, anywhere”
- A standardized approach of managing student records, enrollment reports, grades, class rosters, scheduling information, tuition and financial aid processes, accounting, state/federal reports, and more
- A single ID and student record that can be used throughout the Washington community and technical college system
- 24/7 access to an online student center where students can register for classes, handle financial aid processes, pay tuition and fees, add, drop or swap classes, contact an instructor or advisor, manage personal contact information, view grades, track academic goals and apply for graduation
- A set of mobile-friendly online tools to handle college business
- A single ID that can be used throughout the Washington community and technical college system
- 24/7 access to online tools where faculty can view schedules, manage classes, print rosters, send messages to students, survey final exam schedules, and enter grades
- Self-service tools to manage personal information and other college business
- Consolidated payroll processing and a full suite of HR tools and services
- An online, integrated suite of financial tools and the ability to create automated approval workflow processes for purchasing, travel authorizations, expense reimbursements, and more
- Standardized processes for the handling of state and federal reports, payroll, purchasing and employee records, recruitment tools, and benefits administration