Enrollment for the Winter Quarter is beginning. Our goal is to facilitate the process for students and make it as effortless as possible. In order to achieve this aim, please watch the following recorded presentations:
In addition, the Staff Guide for Helping Students is a great resource.
ctcLink Access for Staff
Virtual and In-Person Support is available to staff.
- In-person support: B100
- Monday, Tuesday: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday: 1 – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Virtual support via Zoom
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
There are a number of things that can facilitate the adoption of ctcLink.
- Activate your ctcLink account as soon as possible.
- Classified and Hourly staff must submit a timesheet. Exempt staff and Faculty only need to report absences. Live walkthroughs will be available and details will be posted on the Staff Training page.
- Watch your email for daily ctcLink updates. these emails will have time-sensitive information that may be related to your role in ctcLink.
- Attend SBCTC workshops related to your job function (if applicable).
- Start with the First Month Activity Guides. They present a great overview.
- Review the Report Catalog. It’s the perfect place to search for queries.
- Watch SBCTC‘s topic-specific videos. They cover a range of important material.
- The Staff Training tab contains and array of training notifications, recorded information, PDFs and PowerPoints.
- The Staff: How Do I …?” section features specific instructions on the most common tasks. The tasks are grouped by function.
- It might feel more comfortable or faster to ask one of our project leads for help, but please consider they are also learning and have a lot of hands-on system adjustments to make now that we’re live.
- Please use the how-to guides, SBCTC WebEx, and live support before contacting a project lead.
- The fastest way to get a lead to answer your questions is to submit a ticket via one of our live support specialists.
- Do not make any updates to employee profiles until Dec. 1. We expect to see some data discrepancies and waiting until Dec. 1 will allow HR to make corrections.
Bellevue College is transitioning to a new PeopleSoft software system called ctcLink, which will replace a decades-old legacy system with a single, cutting-edge system of online functions. ctcLink will give students, faculty, and staff “anytime, anywhere” access to a modern way of doing college business.
The transition to ctcLink is a major statewide project designed to upgrade the information systems at all 34 Washington community and technical colleges. The project is being administered by the Washington State Board of Technical and Community Colleges (SBCTC).
Eight colleges within the Washington State Community and Technical College (WSCTC) community— Bellevue College, Bellingham Technical College, Big Bend Community College, Everett Community College, Grays Harbor College, Green River College, Skagit Valley College, Whatcom Community College – will convert to ctcLink over three weekends in October and November. These colleges are referred to as Deployment Group 5 (DG5).
- Self-service tools to manage personal information and other college business
- Consolidated payroll processing and a full suite of HR tools and services
- An online, integrated suite of financial tools and the ability to create automated approval workflow processes for purchasing, travel authorizations, expense reimbursements, and more
- Standardized processes for the handling of state and federal reports, payroll, purchasing and employee records, recruitment tools, and benefits administration
One benefit of the implementation to ctcLink is improved ease of use. Your ctcLink login will be used to access more than 20 different systems.
- Registration block replaced with holds under tasks in Student Homepage
- Course History Lookup Tool replaced with course history in advisor center
- COURSE Web Service replaced with Class Search
- Data X replaced with PS query/query viewer
- Degree Audit replaced with Academic Progress in Student Homepage
- FAM (Student Financial Aid Portal) (transitions in 2022)
- Instructor Briefcase replaced with Faculty Center
- Lookup schedule, grades, or receipt replaced with Student Homepage
- Registration time lookup tool replaced with Enrollment Dates in Student Homepage
- Schedule Planner replaced with Planner in Student Homepage
- Transcript Request, unofficial replaced with view unofficial transcript in Academic Records/Student Homepage
- Entry codes replaced with permission numbers
- Financial Aid disbursement via Higher One
- PIN change tool
Human Capital Management
- Employee Earnings & Leave – replaced by HCM Employee Self-Service / Payroll tile
- Faculty Absence Report Form – replaced by HCM Employee Self-Service / Time tile
- Time, Leave Reporting (TLR) – replaced by HCM Employee Self-Service / Time tile
- Neogov – replaced by HCM Employee Self-Service / Careers tile, and Manager Self-Service / Recruiting Activities tile
- FMS Query (available, but no new data will be entered). Users with FSCM access, such as Budget Managers, will access financial data directly from ctcLink by using specific screens and queries.
- eRequester: Users will enter Requisitions directly into ctcLink. Visit the Purchasing Decision Tree and Requisition Guide to learn about Requisition requirements.
- My A19 app replaced by Quick Invoices, Requisitions, and Expense Reports: The My A19 app was used for processing payments to vendors as well as for employee reimbursements. In ctcLink, payments for dues, registrations, or memberships, or any payment made to state agencies, can go through the Quick Invoice screen. Payments to reimburse an employee go through the Expense Report. All other payments go through the Requisition screen.
Canvas is the online Learning Management System (LMS) used by our colleges to deliver electronic course content and many other purposes. We will continue to use Canvas with ctcLink, and it will be a tightly integrated system with ctcLink.
Nothing will change regarding the current login for Canvas. Students/staff will continue to use their BC NetID.