Faculty advocates are here to assist in the transition to ctcLink. The advocate team includes:
- Jeremiah Allen
- Erika Ferreri
- Audrey Hue
Where to Go for Help
The best way to have your questions answered are:
- Visit the ctcLink Faculty How Do I…? website
- Drop into a Zoom session (see dates and times below)
- Email the Faculty Advocates at: email@example.com.
- If you forgot your ctcLink ID, visit the ctcLink ID lookup tool.
- Submit a ticket:
- For Faculty-related general support: choose “ctcLink,” then “Faculty: General Support.”
- For HR questions: choose “Human Resources”.
- For Finance questions (e.g. Travel and Expense vouchers): choose “Finance”.
Faculty Virtual Support Hours
Meet with your Faculty Advocate via Zoom.
Monday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wednesday: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday: 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Additional faculty support will be provided during the following times:
Dec. 18-19: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (the weekend before grades are due)
Dec. 20: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. (the day grades are due)
Vol. 14 – Wednesday, Nov. 24
- Winter Quarter registration begins next week:
- Nov. 29 for priority students
- Nov. 30 for continuing students, who received an appointment via email
- Student Affairs Offices in the U Building are open today and will be open next week.
- From Nov. 29 – Dec. 1, Public Safety will not issue parking violations. Students who need support are encouraged to access services on campus during this period. Parking lots #4, 7, and 8 are convenient to the U Building. Check out the BC Parking Lot Map for lot locations.
- Additional support for staff is still available.
- Nov. 24, 1 – 5 p.m. (virtual only)
- BC Offices are closed Nov. 25-26 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Check the website for information for updated on-campus, virtual and phone support hours next week.
- New! Staff and faculty can view sessions about class permissions in preparation for Winter Quarter registration:
- Class Permissions for Staff
- Class Permissions for Faculty
- Reminder: Budget authorities should approve items submitted in ctcLink as soon as possible or delegate approval authority. More about approvals in the Finance Resource Center or attend the Drop-in Help Session on Monday from 2 – 3 p.m.
What’s Happening for Students?
- Virtual Support for student account activation is available:
- Today: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Phone support this weekend: Nov. 27-28, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- On-site ctcLink Student Support for account activation is available in the U Building:
- Today: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Visit the student website for more updated on-campus, virtual and phone support hours and tutorials.
First Payroll Distribution
The first payroll distribution in ctcLink occurs today. Be sure to verify your information is correct, including your address, total hours, total compensation, and all deductions.
- Log in to Employee Self-Service.
- Click on the Payroll tile, then Paychecks.
- Click on the “>” to see the details in your check.
Late Timesheets: Did you know?
Being on one, state-wide software system (ctcLink) means all users are paid on a centralized schedule. Our payroll process is no longer initiated by BC’s Payroll Office. Now it is initiated by the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC).
Because of this, the Payroll Office can no longer accept late timesheets. To ensure your paycheck processes as you anticipate, please submit your timesheet early next week and allow your supervisor time to approve it. Watch the timesheet help session recordings by visiting the Employee Time and Leave Reporting section in Staff ‘How Do I’ website. In-person support for timesheet completion will be offered on Nov. 30 in the B Building from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Virtual help is also available next week:
- MON – TUE: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- WED – THU: 1 – 5 p.m.
- FRI: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Upcoming Information Sessions
Requisition Drop-In Help Sessions
Nov. 24, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Nov. 29, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Nov. 30, 1 – 3 p.m.
Dec. 1, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Employees: complete a requisition, resolve budget errors, and ask questions. Come ready to enter a requisition in ctcLink!
Nov. 30, 8 – 5 p.m.
In person: B Building by the BC Bookstore
Finance Approvals Drop-in Help Session
Nov. 29, 2 – 3 p.m.
More about Approvals in the Finance Pillar in the Finance Resource Center.
ctcLink HCM – Navigating in Talent Acquisition Management (TAM)
Dec. 7, 1 – 2 p.m.
Most meetings will be recorded and posted on the ctcLink website.
As part of BC’s first payroll process, nearly 11,000 accounting records were transferred to the Finance General Ledger at a 99.53% accuracy rate. We are told that this was much better than how most schools fared during their first payroll.
Systems Migration This Week
For anyone who has had to move from one living space to another, you know the many steps and challenges that go with packing up a household and transporting it to another location. The migration of 25 business applications into ctcLink is a similar undertaking. BC is moving our applications over in four phases. Migration began this week for the second phase to the new backend system for:
- Team Dynamix
- Online Directory
The good news is that applications will remain functional as we transition to the new data. Our ITS team will be working toward a smooth transition, but please be aware that there may be service interruptions. Visit the ctcLink website for information on future phases for systems migration.
In Case you Missed It
- Employees are noticing a different view when logging in using the ctcLink button on BC’s homepage. That link leads to the ctcLink mobile application for students to access ctcLink and various BC resources. Click on the first tile to go to the ctcLink login: myaccount.ctclink.us.
- To bypass the mobile view, use myaccount.ctcLink.us to go directly to the login. Staff and faculty can also login from the Resources for Faculty & Staff page. Bookmarking this page or the direct link is recommended for logging in.
- Finance, Human Resources and Payroll Offices are open with limited service.
- Requisitions, Quick Invoice, Travel & Expense, and Expense Report (Employee Reimbursement) operations are ready for submissions. Visit the Finance Resource Center for training dates and times.
- Human Resources will accept requests for new hires starting Dec. 1.
- You can still review your past paystubs in Employee Earnings & Leave.
- Are you interested in how BC is communicating with students regarding the transition to ctcLink? Go to the student section of the ctcLink website. You’ll be able to read the latest news and communications.
Review/Update Your Preferred Phone Number
Regarding your personal information, all staff and faculty should review and/or update the preferred contact phone number visible to other BC staff. This can be either your office phone number or another phone number – ctcLink lets you decide! Go to Employee Self Service / Personal Details and click on Contact Details.
Last Updated November 22, 2021