The Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will actively identify systemic inequity and respond to stop and proactively prevent injustice by intervening on individual, institutional and system practices.
- Engagement: Bravely listen for understanding.
- (Un)Learning: Reflect on your own behavior and understand the meaning of behavior that is applied by others.
- Transformation: Change your approach in the future to be more adaptive and inclusive.
Our goals align with the college’s core themes:
- Student Success: Focus on the student’s experience by: growing, diversifying, and shaping our student body: building skills for success after graduation, and promoting programs and policies that facilitate student success.
- Teaching & Learning: Develop an educational community of anti-bias learning that adapts its goals and principles to the specific needs of learners.
- College Life & Culture: Create a constructive work and learning environment for students and employees that is safe, supportive, and engaging for professional and personal development.
- Community Engagement & Enrichment: Partner with (local, regional, state, national, global) communities to enhance the social, economic, and cultural well-being of our campus.
Last Updated September 23, 2019