The Bellevue College, Social Justice Center, will foster and grow the institution’s commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice. The Center, spearheaded by the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI), is a welcoming space designed to serve as a resource on issues related to race relations on campus, equity, and student success, working together with stakeholders and partners to leverage change in the academy and across sectors of education. The center will also provide a space where people can share their authentic selves through dialogue activities, and engage in social justice advocacy.
The Social Justice Center will serve as a hub for Bellevue College and the surrounding community:
- Capacity building/Education/skill building
- Provide the college with professional development and service to continually educate the campus community on challenges regarding race, climate justice, equality, and equity in education.
- Cultivate opportunities to bring together scholars and students for research and collaboration.
- House a resource library featuring social justice and equity material, books, webinars, videos, etc.
- Host social equity and social justice speaker series
- Cultural shift
- Foster collaborative partnerships, engage cultural differences and promote courageous dialogue and advocacy within a social justice lens.
- Constituency and Community Engagement
- Serve as a resource for the community, expanding opportunities for service and engagement related to racial equity.
- Offer equity, inclusion, and social justice. Lunchtime Chat & Chew.
- Provide a collaborative meeting space.
The center is open to faculty, staff, and students.
If you have a suggestion for a Lunchtime Chat & Chew topic or suggestions regarding the Social Justice Center, please complete the form below:
Social Justice Lunchtime Chat & Chew
The Social Justice Center’s schedule of events is forthcoming.
Last Updated July 23, 2023