LGBTQ Student Coordinator: Zoey Jensen
LGBTQ Resource Center Mission Statement
The mission of the Bellevue College LGBTQ Resource Center is to create a safe, inclusive, and affirming campus that encourages academic success and personal growth for the Bellevue College community through education, advocacy, engagement, support and celebration of diversity.
LGBTQ Task Force
“The LGBTQIA+ Task Force is a diverse group of multi-gendered, multi-racial, multi-ethnic, inter-generational LGBTQIA+ community members and allies. We work to advocate, educate, and support gender equity at Bellevue College.”
Vision Statement: Strives to dismantle gender oppression and inequity at Bellevue College.
LGBTQ Task Force Chair: Heath Ray Hayden
What We Do
- Advocate for all students, staff, and faculty experiencing discrimination around gender identity and expression.
- Provide opportunities for continued education around gender identity, expression and ally-development on campus.
- Provide recommendations for best practices around gender equity with regard to facilities, curricula, and campus environment.
- Build Community Partnerships with LGBTQIA+ Resources.
- October: LGBTQ History Month & National Coming Out Day
- Nov. 20: Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Dec. 1: World AIDS Day
- March 31: International Transgender Day of Visibility
- April: Celebrate Diversity Month
- April 27: Day of Silence
- May 17: International Day Against Homophobia
- June: LGBTQ Pride Month
- June 28: 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots
Information and Resources
Is your student experiencing bullying at high school? Consider Running Start at Bellevue College as an option.
Last Updated September 7, 2018