Health sciences programs also require immunizations. Again, these are to some extent specific to each program, and the information below only provides an overview. You should check with the program you are interested in for details. Immunization Checklist PDF
- Tetanus Diphtheria
- Vaccine within the past 10 yrs
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Immunization or positive MMR titer result
- Hepatitis B
- 3 doses and positive Hep B titer result or signed declination
- Note: Choosing not to get the Hepatitis B vaccination, we may impact our ability to assign you to clinical sites. The waiver option is not appropriate for some programs, such as phlebotomy.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Immunization or positive varicella titer result
- TB Skin Test (also called a PPD test)
- 2-step method with negative result;
- if PPD is positive negative chest x-ray results and clearance from your physician is required or a negative QuantiFERON blood test.
Early Learning and Teacher Education programs
- Courses in which students work directly with children require a TB skin test.
Last Updated November 26, 2013