BC Mathematics Links
- A Tribute to Dale Hoffman: biography of one of BC’s own long-time serving mathematics professors.
- Mathographies: biographical sketches of selected famous mathematicians.
- Mathematical Snippets: short descriptions of a few notable mathematical ideas and results.
Other Mathematics Links
- MacTutor History of Math & Famous Curve Index: Curves, mathematician birthdays, history
- Eric Weisstein’s World of Mathematics (MathWorld) : The web’s most complete mathematical resource, assembled over more than a decade by internet encyclopedist Eric W. Weisstein with assistance from the mathematics and internet communities.
- Math Words: First uses of mathematical words
- Mathematical Glossary: Glossary of mathematical terms
- Math Quotation Server : Quotations by mathematicians about mathematics and life
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians : From Agnes Scott College
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians: From Association for Women in Mathematics
- Modern History of Blacks in Mathematics :
- Search Pi Page: Is your birthday in PI? Search the first100 Million digits of Pi to find that or any other string of digits.
- Search Pi Page: Is your name in PI? Search the first 4 Billion binary digits of Pi to find that or any other 10 character string.
- The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences::Is your sequence of digits the beginning of a known sequence?
- Math in the Movies Page : More than Beautiful Mind and Good Will Hunting, this page rates the mathematics and the films themselves for more than 30 movies.
- Abstract Sculptures (involving mathematics): A collection of pointers to the works of several abstract sculptors. Helaman Ferguson is the best known, but they all have interesting works.
- Math Awareness Month:
- The Mandelbrot Explorer: Explore and magnify any part of the Mandelbrot set
- Strange Wheels : What kind of a ride will you get with square wheels?
- Acme Klein Bottles :Need a Klein bottle? This is the place.
- Elliptical Billiard Tables : Nice animations of the behavior of a ball on an elliptical billiard table passing through a focus, passing between the foci, and passing outside the foci.
- Polygonal Billiard Tables : Really nice applet to find the trajectory on a polygonal table. You can select the polygon and the starting path.
- Maple Home Page
- Maple Application Center
- Voting : Expected Utility model — pivot probability calculations.
- Digital Michelangelo Project : Download a “fly around” of David. And much more.
- Level Set Methods (Sethian at UC Berkeley) :
- TerraServer-USA : This site lets you zero in on any location in the USA as either a topographical map or an aerial photo. The data is from the U.S. Geological Survey
- Anagrams : Dale T Hoffman = FDA Math Felon = Fond math flea = offhand male. What does your name equal?
Last Updated September 23, 2022