STANDARD MATH DEPARTMENT CALCULATOR POLICY
A graphing calculator, such as a TI-84 series, is required for all courses Math 099 and above, with the exception of Math 107. All calculators with a computer algebra system (CAS) or that are capable of symbolic algebraic manipulation (for example, TI-89, TI-92, TI-nSpire CX CAS version) are not allowed.
INSTRUCTOR MODIFIED CALCULATOR POLICY
Modifications to the Standard Math Department Calculator Policy may be made by individual instructors and such modifications will be posted with that instructor’s textbook information on the BC Bookstore website.
ADDITIONAL POLICY INFORMATION
- The most widely accepted graphing calculator is the TI-84 series, with the exception of the TI-84+ CE. If you own a different type of graphing calculator, check with your instructor for acceptability.
- Even if calculators are required for a course, the instructor may limit the use of the calculator within the class and may not allow the use of a calculator for some or all assessments.
- Instructors may require that calculators are put in “test mode” or the memory be cleared prior to testing.
- Calculator functions and apps on cell phones and mobile devices are not allowed.
- Instructors may or may not be able to assist you in how to use your particular calculator.
- Calculators are available for
- checkout at the Bellevue College Library, and
- checkout at the Academic Success Center.
Last Updated September 23, 2022