Running Start (RS) is a statewide partnership between colleges and local high schools. Running Start (RS) allows high school juniors and seniors to take classes at the college tuition-free. Students earn both high school and college credit at the same time. The high school pays for the college credits, which saves families money as students begin their college careers.
- Tuition is free for college credits approved by the high school.
- Students pay for class and student fees, books and other supplies needed for class.
- Some low-income students may qualify for a fee waiver.
- Students take classes at the college — on campus or online.
- Students may choose to attend part-time or full-time.
Use the links below to complete the new student RS application or continue as a current student in the RS program.
Learn more about the RS program, how to apply, and other steps needed to get started
Learn about ongoing requirements, receive news and announcements, and access forms
Campus Reduced Hours or Closures:
Dec. 20 – 27 — College Closed
Jan. 1 — HOLIDAY: College Closed
Jan. 15 — HOLIDAY: College Closed
Feb. 8 — Campus Community Day: No Classes, Offices Closed
Feb. 19 — HOLIDAY: College Closed
March 8 — Professional Development Day: No Classes, Offices Closed
April 18 — College Community Day: No classes, Offices Closed
May 27 — HOLIDAY Memorial Day: No classes, College Closed
June 19 — HOLIDAY Juneteenth: No Classes, College Closed