Diagnostic Ultrasound Required Prerequisites
Minimum Required Prerequisite Courses
All applicants must have a high school degree or GED Certificate.
Before applying to the program, applicants must complete the required prerequisite courses. They may meet these prerequisite requirements using classes taken at Bellevue College, by verification of course equivalency or by permission of the Program Chair (further details provided below).
NOTE: Prerequisite Courses must be completed by the end of Winter Quarter during the application year (for quarterly coursework) OR Fall Semester of the prior year (for semester coursework) to apply to program for the following Fall Quarter.
- Minimum accepted GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.2. GPA calculated based upon the seven required prerequisite classes. Minimum accepted grade in any individual required prerequisite class is C (2.0).
- Math and science prerequisites completed within five years of applying to the program.
See below for a list of required prerequisite courses:
Prerequisite Equivalency and Program Chair Review
NOTE: If you completed all prerequisites as listed above at Bellevue College, you do not need to take any further steps to verify equivalency.
If you have taken one or more of your required prerequisite courses at other colleges (either in Washington State or elsewhere), you need to confirm that your coursework will be accepted to meet the prerequisite requirements.
Visit the Bellevue College Transfer Course Equivalencies database. This database provides a list of courses that have been previously reviewed and approved by the Bellevue College Evaluations department. Here you can look up your previous coursework and, if those courses are already listed as approved substitution for the required prerequisite, you will need to print the page(s).
Follow the directions as listed to look up your previous coursework. If you find one or more of your previous courses have been approved to meet our prerequisite requirement, print those pages and write your name and the semester/quarter and dates of completion for those courses on your printout. Save your printed document to upload when you submit the online application.
- If your previous course(s) are not listed in the Transfer Course Equivalency database in Step 1.
- If you took classes at Bellevue College that you are hoping to substitute for the required prerequisite (for example, if you completed a physics class other than PHYS& 100 or if you previously completed MATH& 141)
- If you completed coursework outside of the United States or if you have a military transcript.
- If for any other reason you are not able to verify that your previous coursework meet the program prerequisite requirements.
PROCEED TO STEP 2.
You will need to complete and submit our Prerequisite Course Equivalency Worksheet [PDF] BEFORE you apply to the Diagnostic Ultrasound program if you are not able to verify that your previous coursework meets our prerequisite requirements using the Transfer Course Equivalency Database in Step 1. We recommend that you submit the worksheet for review by our program chair as soon as possible. The completed and approved worksheet must be included in your application documentation when you apply to the program.
Please complete the equivalency worksheet as instructed. If you are still in process of completing one or more of your classes, list them as “In Progress” or “Future Coursework”. You will need to include the name of the school you are attending/planning to attend.
NOTE: While we make every effort to respond as quickly as possible, there may be a two to three week delay in returning prerequisite worksheets, so please plan ahead.
Please contact the Diagnostic Ultrasound program manager at (425) 564-2013 or email@example.com with any questions.
Last Updated July 10, 2023