We support and advance:
- To provide students, faculty, and administrators with an environment conducive to collegiality, learning, and constructive participation in college life
- To strive for diversity and pluralism in both the student body, the faculty, and the administration
- To promote international exchange of scholars and students
- To expand educational opportunities for persons of color, persons with disabilities, persons of different ethnic heritages, persons of different gender identities and orientations, and persons with limited financial resources.
- We disseminate information about practices, policies, and procedures regarding equal opportunity, disability, harassment, and discrimination
- We provide educational training to faculty, staff and students about their rights and responsibilities with regard to equal opportunity
- We help departments, divisions, and pluralism committees to develop and achieve annual goals to fulfill the college’s Affirmation of Inclusion and Pluralism Compact.
Yoshiko Harden will lead efforts to promote equity and pluralism on campus by developing programs and providing guidance to campus leaders. “One of my primary goals is to increase access and success for all students, but particularly for historically marginalized groups,” she says. Harden, with over a decade of experience as a student affairs practitioner, […]
Bellevue College Staff and Students collaborated to give you this music video about Closing the Gap. Enjoy!