The Certificate of Achievement in Healthcare Informatics prepares students who already have significant experience in either an IT-related field, or a health profession, to transition into the Healthcare Informatics workforce as effective members of teams that manage and perform the customization, implementation, integration and maintenance of healthcare information systems, data and components.
- Coursework is completed 100% online
- Provides a pathway for students holding professional or technical degrees
- Available for both part-time and full-time enrollment
Certificate Info & Requirements
- Course list and requirements for Healthcare Informatics certificate
- Completion Worksheet for the Certificate of Achievement in Healthcare Informatics (2019-2020 Catalog)
Individuals must complete:
- An associate degree in an IT-related or health records/health management field
- BUSIT 103 SQL Fundamentals or equivalent coursework
- BTS 168 Business Data Management Tools or equivalent coursework
- BA 240 Statistical Analysis, or MATH 130 Intro to Statistics or equivalents
Who Should Apply?
This certificate is well-suited for individuals who already possess a bachelor’s degree or have experience working in the healthcare, health records management or IT-related fields. It provides the same technical preparation as the Healthcare Informatics BAS degree but does not include all of the general education courses required for the degree.
Federal regulations require academic institutions to disclose to prospective students certain information about the institution’s Gainful Employment (GE) Programs, and about students who enrolled in those programs eligible for Title IV funding that lead to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Gainful employment information for the Healthcare Informatics Certificate program can be found here.
How to Apply
Bellevue College’s Healthcare Informatics (HCI) program is a selective admissions program admitting new students once a year in Fall quarter. The application opens March 1st with a priority deadline of June 1st. Learn More…
Last Updated November 14, 2019