The Personal Fitness Trainer Certificate is designed to prepare students for a variety of fields in the Health and Wellness Industry.
Upon completion of the 19 credit program students may elect to enter the workforce as a Fitness Trainer or go on to pursue a two or four-year degree in Recreation, Health, Sports Medicine, Exercise Science, or a Teacher Certification program. The 19 credit curriculum prepares students to test for a Personal Training certification from a national organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, or NASM.
The PFT certificate is a high quality program that has directly impacted my ability to think critically about human development, healthy lifestyles, and muscle imbalances. The program has a cohort feel and professors make all courses apply to real life-Jason, PFT Graduate
Who is this certificate for?
- Those who are interested in human movement, fitness, or physical activity
- Students passionate about promoting safe and effective methods of exercise and/or physical activity
- Completing the Health & Wellness, BAS degree at Bellevue College
- Those looking to transfer to a 4 year exercise science, pre-physical therapy, or athletic training degree
- Students looking to enroll in a Wa State Kinesiology program
- Work as a personal trainer while completing your two or 4 year degree!
Where do Fitness Trainers work?
- Commercial Fitness Clubs
- Personal Training Studios
- Community centers
- Wellness centers
- Corporate Health Centers
- Physical education instructor
- University/College Recreation Centers
Recommended Course Sequence
|PE 236: Anatomical Kinesiology - 4 credits|
- Prerequisite for PE 228 Life Fitness Internship
|PE 267: Applied Kinesiology - 4 credits||PE 228: Life Fitness Internship - 1 credit
|PE 212: Athletic Fitness - 1 credit||PE 211: Fitness Assessment - 2 credits||HLTH 224: Wellness Coaching - 2 credits
HLTH 262: First Aid and Safety for Fitness Trainers - 5 credits
How to Apply
Bellevue College’s Personal Fitness Trainer program is an open-enrollment admissions program. All students must still apply to Bellevue College and complete the online Personal Fitness Trainer (PFT) application, this will allow program staff and faculty to better support your PFT journey. Please note, by completing the online Personal Fitness Trainer application, you are applying to the PFT program only.
Last Updated June 7, 2022