Thank you for your interest in applying to the Outdoor Recreation Leadership (ORL) Certificate program. We are excited at the possibility of you joining the Bellevue College Bulldog family and becoming a Outdoor Recreation Leader! Please carefully review the application below.
There is no application deadline for this certificate. The ideal start date for the ORL certificate is Fall Quarter which starts in September. However, the program operates on a rolling admissions cycle throughout the year. If you are interested in applying to start the certificate, please submit the application below.
Step 1: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters, you must apply to the college first. Current BC students may skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
- This link takes you the Washington State Community and Technical College Web Admissions Center. Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Allow 1-3 business days for the Welcome Center to process your application. We send you a Welcome Letter email with instructions for your next steps.
- The college places a $66 admission/placement fee on your account at the time we process your application. You pay this fee at the time you pay your first quarter tuition. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
Step 2: Prepare your supporting documents
Please have the following items ready for submission with your Outdoor Recreation Leadership Certificate application:
- In 100 words or less, explain your personal and professional goals for Outdoor Recreation. What are your short-term and long-term goal for program enrollment?
- In 100 words or less, describe the benefits of regular outdoor recreation participation. How can these benefits help people to create a stronger connection to their own personal wellness and our natural world?
- Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity.
Step 3: Complete and submit the Outdoor Recreation Leadership Certificate Application
Please have all supporting documents prepared prior to completing your application. You will NOT be able to stop and save your program application once it is started. Admission to this program is not competitive and has an open-enrollment policy, however the number of applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. By submitting an application this will allow program staff and faculty to better support your ORL journey.
Last Updated April 10, 2023