Check out what’s happening this week (and next) in the Weekly Bulletin.
Need a place to study, or have a question? Go to the ASN Study Hall for autistic Bellevue College students. Here’s the Winter Study Hall schedule: Study Hall. Please check the ASN office door in the Library for weekly updates.
The Winter 2015 Calendar is here – check it out now and mark important dates on your calendar, including Registration, drop dates, parent meetings and more. Winter Calendar
Student Study / Work Areas
Library Media Center; D Building: Individual computers, copying & printing (for a fee), group study rooms, quiet space upstairs.
Computer Labs; N Building: Individual computers, printing (students start each quarter with $15 credit towards printing), labs for DMA students, DRC Solo Lab (must be reserved through DRC)
ASN Study Hall: Quiet space, Navigation Assistants available to provide assistance during certain hours – check schedule. Note: if you are an autistic Bellevue College student registered for accommodations with the Disability Resource Center, this study hall is for YOU, whether or not you are an ASN program participant.
TUTORING and writing support is available in many forms:
1) DRC Drop-In Tutoring
2) The Writing Lab can help you with class assignments, college applications, resumes and more. You can drop in during business hours, or make an appointment. Check their page for all the details, and be sure to make use of this valuable resource. (D204)
2) The Math Lab is open for drop-in tutoring and for appointments. There is a Quiet Study room close by: no talking is allowed in this room, however, access to the tutors in the main Math Lab area is only a door away.
3) E-Tutoring is available in the following subjects; find out more & log in here: E-Tutoring:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems)
- Math (Developmental through Calculus)
- Microsoft Office
- Introduction to Psychology
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, and Adobe Dreamweaver)
4) If you have Early Referral for Tutoring as an accommodation, apply for a tutor right away! You will be contacted by an individual tutor during the third week of the quarter. Be sure to use the tutoring resources above in the meantime. You will need to provide at least 3 days and times that you are available on a regular basis for tutoring, and also provide two good ways to contact you. Be sure to watch for a phone call, text or email from the tutor to set up your first appointment. (Note: you do not need an instructor signature if you have this accommodation.) OR, if you have a C or below in a class, have your instructor sign a referral sheet and you can also have a tutor. Tutoring works!!
5) See the Academic Success Center for all the options it has to offer.
links from TRIO find them here
COMPASS Testing or Re-testing Preparation
Things to know BEFORE you take the COMPASS:
Accommodations are available. The COMPASS is not timed, however, other accommodations, such as using pencil and paper, listening to questions, and a quiet testing area are examples of accommodations. To take the assessment with accommodations, you will need to make an appointment with the Disability Resource Center in B132 first.
Information on taking the COMPASS at BC: http://bellevuecollege.edu/enrollment/assessment/testing
PDF Paper Practice:
Math (Numeric Skills): http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/numerical.pdf
Math (College Algebra): http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/geometry.pdf
English (Reading): http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading.pdf
ESL COMPASS Online Practice:
Would you like to be placed in a higher math and/or English class? You may be able to retake the COMPASS assessment exam for placement into a higher math or English class! Consider retesting if you fall within the following categories.
- You were assessed into Math 097 or below and/or you were assessed into English 073
Be sure to ask for (and use) testing accommodations if you need them.
(thanks to our friends at TRIO for this great information)
The 4 P’s of Success:
from Multicultural Services read it here