Certified nursing assistants have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide daily care to adult residents, patients, and clients who are unable to care for themselves. This includes assistance with basic care skills such as grooming, bathing, and feeding. Giving both social and emotional support is a large part of the job, in addition to being familiar with resident rights, the legal aspects of care, death and dying, dementia care, and communication skills necessary to function with confidence in a healthcare team.
Certification can be used as a stepping stone into nursing or other healthcare professions.
This program prepares students for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Examination for OBRA Nursing Assistant Registry and Certification in Washington State. Our program is an Approved Washington State Nursing Assistant, Certified Program.
Our NAC program includes on-campus, classroom and laboratory instruction, as well as supervised clinical practice in local hospital and long-term care facilities. Learning experience focuses on developing beginning confidence related to nursing assistant care skills and/or preparing students for careers in nursing or other healthcare fields. The course is offered every quarter.
Fall 2016 Program Information:
- Application Deadline: August 22, 2016 – The online application form and required documents must be received by this date.
- Fall 2016 Classes Begin: Monday, September 19, 2016
- Fall 2016 NAC Schedule (Students must be available for all dates and times listed here).
- Tuition: $1,290 – DUE September 6, 2016!
- Non-refundable Deposit: $60.00 (This fee must be paid after applicants are accepted by the program. It will be deducted from the tuition)
Last Updated May 27, 2016