Thank you for considering enrollment in the Nursing Assistant, Certified (NAC) program at Bellevue College. Please carefully review the application information below. Acceptance into the program is based on the first completed applications received.
Covid-19 Responses for the Bellevue College NAC Program
PLEASE NOTE: the information below is subject to change as COVID-19 safety guidelines change
In response to COVID-19, provisional changes have been made to the NAC program:
- Until students are permitted in the lab together, NAC courses will be taught in the on-line classroom through ZOOM (remote teaching and learning).
- Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes.
- There are no immunization application requirements.
- Two courses of the NAC Program are offered each quarter, and must be taken together:
- Nursing Assistant Foundations (NAC 106)
- Nursing Assistant Technical Skills (NAC 107)
GUIDELINES FOR CLINICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Clinical group experiences are currently unavailable:
Long-Term Care clinical partners are currently not accepting groups of students for clinical experiences due to COVID-19. This prevents BC from offering NAC 108: Nursing Assistant Practicum.
- The Bellevue College NAC Program will schedule Nursing Assistant Practicum (NAC 108) classes as soon as clinical partners allow groups of students into the Long-Term Care facility.
NAC PROGRAM CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION is required for testing for Washington State nursing assistant certification. This requirement is met by successfully completing all four (4) program courses:
- NAC 106: Nursing Assistant Foundations (offered fall 2020)
- NAC 107: Nursing Technical Skills (offered fall 2020)
- NAC 108: Nursing Assistant Practicum (not offered fall 2020)
- AHE 120: Safety for Healthcare (offered fall 2020)
The process options to acquire certification and employment as a nursing assistant will be described and supported by the NAC Coordinator and NAC Faculty during the first week of class.
APPLICATION TO THE ONLINE NAC PROGRAM:
During COVID-19 precautions, an abbreviated process for registration in NAC 106 and NAC 107 is:
- Six weeks prior to the start of the quarter you hope to take NAC 106 and NAC 107, please email Program Manager, Lamont Thomas at: email@example.com for course entry codes.
- Lamont will reply to your email, asking you questions (your full legal name, SID, and BC email)
- You reply to him with the requested information
- Lamont will send you two entry codes.
- Register within two days of receiving the course entry codes.
If your concern is about meeting the requirement for the BC ADN Program, please read the middle of the page at this link:
Completion of the NAC Virtual Information Session is required for admission to the program. Be sure to to print and sign the last page to turn in with your application.
First time BC students and previous BC students who are returning after four or more quarters must apply for general admission to BC first. Current BC students may skip this step.
Complete this step at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. Processing time is typically 5-10 business days.
- Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Allow up to 4-7 business days for the college to process your application. You will receive a Welcome Letter email with instructions for your next steps.
- The college places a $55 admission/placement fee on your account at the time we process your application. You pay this fee at the time you pay your first quarter tuition. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
Acceptance into the program is based on the first completed applications received. Applications will not be processed until all required documents have been received:
- NAC Application Cover Sheet
- Required Immunizations for NAC Program
- NAC Conviction Criminal History Disclosure Form
- Background Check (submit entire report, please do not double side)
- Writeplacer Test with a minimum score of 4.
- Writeplacer essay test may only be taken once per year within the valid testing period.
- $30 NAC Program Application Fee (non-refundable).
- Make checks payable to Bellevue College
Mail or hand-deliver complete applications to:
Bellevue College NAC Program
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bldg T Rm 208
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Last Updated September 23, 2020