The Bellevue College RN to BSN program builds upon the academic foundations and experience of the associate degree or diploma prepared registered nurse. The RN to BSN program enhances professional values and role development with coursework in scholarly inquiry, management, leadership, health information technology, and community and public health. This prepares graduates to be managers of care, providers of care and active members of the profession.
The RN-BSN program is approved by the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) and the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission (NCQAC).
The RN-BSN program at Bellevue College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
- This program is designed with working nurses in mind. Students may choose to study full-time or part-time
- Courses are delivered in hybrid, online, and face-to-face modalities, with degree candidates typically on campus for only one day per week
Degree Info & Requirements
Applicants to the Bellevue College RN to BSN program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Associate Degree in Nursing from a regionally Accredited Institution (must include at least 35 quarter credits in nursing.)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses.
- Minimum grade of ‘C’ (2.0) in in all required courses for the associate degree in nursing.
- College level statistics course that includes inferential statistics. Course must be equivalent to 5-credits.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in WA state. Students in final year of an associate degree nursing program may be admitted, but must take and pass the NCLEX-RN by the end of their second quarter of the program. Successful passing of NCLEX earns the student 45 college credits.
- Have at least one year of recent (within the past 3 years) clinical experience. ADN clinical experience may be substituted for students applying directly from an ADN program
How to Apply
The RN to BSN program is a selective admission program.
RN-BSN Drop-In Sessions
The RN-BSN program is now accepting applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall of 2021. Those interested in finding out more about the program are encouraged to chat with the Program Chair of Nursing during an upcoming drop-in session hosted via Zoom. Click here to RSVP!
- January 5, 2021, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- January 12, 2021, 8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- January 19, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- January 26, 2021, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Last Updated January 19, 2021