IN THIS ISSUE
- SUBMITTING TIMESHEETS
- DELEGATING TIMESHEET APPROVALS
- HIRING GUIDANCE
- PRESENTATION ON W2 AND W4 FORMS
- UPDATING PREFERRED EMAIL
- REVIEWING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- W-9 REQUESTS FOR VENDORS
- WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH STUDENTS?
- KNOWN ISSUES
- NEW CTCLINK SURVEY
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Due to the short payroll cycle, employees should submit timesheets no later than 12 p.m. on Dec. 15. Supervisors should approve timesheets as soon as possible – but no later than 5 p.m.
Late timesheets cannot be accepted.
DELEGATING TIMESHEET APPROVALS
Going on leave or a vacation? Have someone else assist you manage employee timesheet approvals by delegating to a colleague. View a document on the delegation process.
- How to set up a delegation at 3:35
- Reviewing delegations already set up at 11:41
- Accepting delegation at 15:00
Need guidance on hiring? The information session ctcLink HCM – Navigating in Talent Acquisition Management (TAM) is now available for viewing. A link is also posted on the website.
W2 AND W4 FORMS
It’s the end of the year – and quite often, questions come up over W2 and W4 forms. This recorded presentation contains many of the answers you need to necessary adjustments.
UPDATING PREFERRED EMAIL
Would you like to update your preferred email address? The option is now available – and it takes less than a minute to complete the process. Update your email here.
REVIEWING PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is now time to review and update personal information through the ctcLink Employee Self Service (ESS).
Examples of personal information include:
- Contact Details
- Emergency Contacts
- Disability Status
- Veteran Status
- Tax Withholding (W-4) Status
The BC payroll department will begin preparatory work for 2021 W-2 in mid-December. Users should submit changes on name, address, or tax withholding through ESS before Dec. 15.
For more on the process, see the “Change or Update Employee Information” section on the ctcLink website.
W-9 REQUESTS FOR VENDORS
The process for paying vendors has changed. Employees may be asked to provide vendor W-9 forms to finance. It is essential that the forms are completed and returned as soon as possible to push through on-time payments to BC vendors.
Budget authorities should approve items submitted in ctcLink as soon as possible (or delegate approval authority).
More information about approvals can be found in the Finance Resource Center.
WHAT’S HAPPENING WITH STUDENTS?
WINTER QUARTER ENROLLMENT – As of Wednesday, almost 6,000 full-time equivalent students (FTES) have registered for the Winter Quarter.
VIRTUAL SUPPORT – Virtual Support for student account activation and enrollment is available:
- MON-THU: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- FRI: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
ON-SITE CTCLINK SUPPORT – On-site ctcLink Student Support for account activation is available in the U Building:
- MON-THU: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
CLASS PERMISSIONS – Staff and faculty can view sessions about class permissions in preparation for Winter Quarter registration.
HELPING STUDENTS ACTIVATE ACCOUNTS – Need to help a student activate their ctcLink account so they can enroll for Winter Quarter this week? Check out the Staff Helping Students Guide.
ASSISTING STUDENTS WITH REGISTRATION – Student registration is a top priority. Staff are working to facilitate the process. If virtual support is unavailable, students can open a ticket in one of two places:
- For problems with classes with a lab: Open a Non-Prereq/ERG Request Center Ticket
- For problems with prerequisites: Open a Prereq/ERG Request Center Ticket
- For everything else: Open a Student Central Ticket
Please include course numbers and course names, student ctcLink ID, student contact information and screenshots if possible.
A few notes to keep in mind:
- Students cannot see Request Center tickets, so someone will respond to them once their issue is resolved.
- Student Central Tickets are visible to students.
- Staff cannot open tickets for students.
- The transition to ctcLink is a process. Known issues that are being addressed include:
- Canvas issues related to missing data for Fall Quarter. Data transfer will not be completed until Dec. 15.
- Issues around class prerequisites showing as required when they are not required
- Unable to register for certain linked classes such as ACCT&201 and Math 99/141
- Using an unsupported browser
- General questions around fees and tuition payments
- Inaccurate student personal information (such as on class rosters)
- Students do not see the Tuition tile. (Resolution: log into gateway.ctclink.us using Firefox or Safari browsers.)
NEW CTCLINK SURVEY
A new ctcLink survey will be conducted in January. It will focus on the recent transition. Your opinions are an integral part of the process. The ctcLink team closely analyzes the feedback and uses it to make critical adjustments. Please look for the survey next year!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BYPASSING THE MOBILE VIEW – The ctcLink button link for students on BC’s homepage leads to the ctcLink mobile application, which may not provide certain tiles for staff and faculty once users log in.
To bypass the mobile view, use myaccount.ctcLink.us to go directly to the login.
Staff and faculty can also login from the Resources for Faculty & Staff page. Bookmarking this page or the direct link is recommended.
PAST PAYSTUBS – Users have the ability to review past paystubs under Employee Earnings & Leave.
If you have suggestions on improving this email, we would enjoy hearing from you. Contact Yves Martin, Communications Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated December 15, 2021