Welcome to Bellevue College Running Start Online Advising & Educational Planning Services! Due to COVID-19 we are only offering advising appointments via phone calls or video meetings.
Running Start Advisors
Email Running Start Advisors with questions from your Bellevue College email account (not canvas) and always include your BC Student ID number.
Before scheduling a Running Start Advising appointment
- Complete your admissions steps. Advising appointments are not available to students who have not completed all admissions steps. New students who have questions need to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with your high school counselor. Review your high school graduation requirements and what courses you need to take at BC to fulfill your remaining high school graduation requirements.
- Obtain your course equivalency guide from your high school counselor. This guide explains what courses at BC will fulfill the students remaining high school graduation requirements.
- Watch the Advising 101 Video posted at the bottom of this page!
Please note: Advising appointments only book out 21 days/3 weeks in advance. If there are no available appointments please continue to check back for availability or email your questions to a Running Start Advisor (see emails above).
Why should Students meet with an Advisor?
- Creating an Education Plan
- Earning a Transfer Associates Degree
- How to Transfer AP exam credits or college credits
- Reviewing your Degree Audit
- Help planning courses for registration
- Planning for life after high school (4-year College/University application process)
Once you schedule an advising appointment you will receive a confirmation email to the email you used to sign up for the appointment. This email includes information of how to prep for the appointment as well as a link to join the video meeting via Microsoft Teams. If you selected to have a phone call, the advisor will call the number you provided when you scheduled the appointment.
Advising 101 Video:
Your Degree Options Video:
Getting Started College Applications Event Recording 6-17-21
Applying to 4-Year Colleges/Universities (Newsletters and Worksheets):
Last Updated July 1, 2021