Activate your account
ctcLink has successfully launched at Bellevue College! This email is for people who were notified last week that you require the SBCTC workshops to get started on re-opening your office. You (and only you) may now activate your ctcLink account using myaccount.ctcLink.us and following the prompts. A how-to guide is now posted online. Remember: please keep this access information to yourself for today – tomorrow the rest of the employee population will get their turn.
Note: Those who activated accounts in the SVX practice site prior to ctcLink go-live must reactivate. Your ctcLink ID will be the same as you used in the test environment. Faculty will receive activation instructions on Nov. 12 and students on Nov. 17.
You may notice discrepancies in your personal details – do not change your personal information in ctcLink before Dec. 1. Please allow HR until Dec. 1 to make corrections.
Workshops & State Board Communication
The SBCTC will hold workshops and open Q & A time Nov. 8-22. These two weeks are your only opportunity to have dedicated time from the SBCTC Support team – be sure to take full advantage of their undivided attention! Please review the SBCTC Workshop Schedule for dates and times of workshops relevant to you and put them on your calendar now. As of the Nov. 8, we will graduate to the SBCTC Support team. It’s important to note that these are not the same people we’ve worked with up until this point so please do not contact the SBCTC Project team.
Here are a few helpful links:
A special security support is available at 8 – 9 a.m. today (click here to join) to help get things unblocked prior to the WebEx sessions starting. If questions come up, start with the “How do I?” section of the website.
Common first day questions include:
- How do I look up my ctcLink ID? (answer: there’s a ctcLink ID lookup tool)
- How do I look up my old SID? (answer: it’s the same as the ctcLink ID lookup tool)
- How do I activate my account? (answer: check the How Do I section)
- Is there a guide to tell me how to do my job?
- Short answer: not really.
- Long answer: this is a self-learning situation. There are tools to point you in the right direction, but each of us needs to put on our detective hat and go digging. If you haven’t done the Canvas courses,you will have a LOT more questions. That’s the place to start, then the ctcLink Reference Center.
If you still have problems, please contact the Staff Support Specialists virtually or in person using the information listed on the website. If all of the above doesn’t resolve your question, a ticketing system is in place to route issues to the right person and the support specialist can help you open one.
Staff Virtual Support
MON – THU: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
FRI: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Click here to join the Zoom Room
Staff On-Campus Support
MON – TUE: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m
WED – THU: 1 – 5 p.m.
FRI: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
B Building, 100 (in front of bookstore)
If you cannot navigate in ctcLink or you cannot see data you feel you should, please submit a ticket here. It’s tempting, but please hold off contacting leads directly – the fastest way to get your issue resolved is via ticket!
Our staff training page has the most up-to-date information on what info sessions are coming up. Here are a few sessions happening Nov. 10:
- 10 a.m. – Hourly and Student timesheet information session
- 11 a.m. – Classified timesheets information session
- 1:30 p.m. – Exempt and faculty timesheets (requesting leave)
- 2 p.m. – Timesheet approvals for managers
- Recordings will be posted
We also recommend the Finance Resource Center for info about Budgets, Purchasing, Travel, Expenses and more.
We are excited that you are the first pioneers in the system! Keep an eye out for daily emails and be sure to keep open communication with your colleagues. Remember that it’s ok to not know everything, and that you have resources to help you. You’ve got this!
Welcome to ctcLink,
Maria Rivas| ctcLink Project Manager (she/her)
Information Technology Services (ITS)
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007
Last Updated November 8, 2021