Clinical experience is one of the key components of the radiation profession. The Health Science Wellness an Education Institute (HSEWI) at Bellevue College works closely with community partners to arrange clinical sites that are well respected by the imaging community. The clinical practicum course provides students with the opportunity to develop required competencies although additional work experience may be required to complete the number of competencies required by the ARRT to be eligible for the national certification exams.
Many professions require background checks. Bellevue College requires you to obtain national background checks at specific points in the course of this program. Acceptance into this program is contingent on a national background check, and one or more additional checks will be done in the course of the program.
Students must complete all items on the clinical passport to be eligible for a clinical practicum. For more detailed information, see the Clinical Placement Northwest Collaborative Student/Faculty Clinical Passport form.
Upon acceptance into the program, all students completing a clinical will be required to upload copies of their immunization records to a Medical Document Manager that the program maintains through CastleBranch. Accepted students must meet all immunization requirements. The information below only provides an overview.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria vaccine within the past 10 years
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) immunization (proof of two MMR’s), or positive MMR titer result
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses and positive Hep B titer result, or signed declination
Note: choosing not to get Hepatitis B vaccination may impact our ability to assign you to clinical sites. The waiver option is not appropriate for some programs.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) immunization or positive varicella titer result
- TB Skin Test (also called PPD test) 2-step method with negative resul
Note: if PPD is positive, negative chest x-ray results and clearance from your physician is required, or a negative QuantiFERON blood test.
- annual TB test is required by some healthcare organizations
- Influenza Vaccination – A seasonal influenza vaccine is strongly recommended and required by some clinical locations. A student may decide to sign a waiver but, in so doing, must realize that there are hospitals which will not accommodate students without documentation of their seasonal influenza vaccine. Any student without a flu vaccine must also wear a mask for their entire clinical experience during the “official” flu season.
Please download and complete the Radiation Dosimeter Form at least six weeks prior to your clinical practicum. Once you download the form, complete fully and press submit. You will be prompted that the form is trying to send the form to RAIS@bellevuecollege.edu. Please allow this and follow the instructions provided by your PDF reader software.
Alternatively, you may save the completed form to your desktop and email it directly to your program.
Bellevue College has partnered with US Healthworks to assist students in health science programs with low-cost and convenient options for completing their immunization requirements.
Last Updated June 26, 2018