International Admissions & How to Apply

Step 1: Create Account

  • If you have never applied to Bellevue College before, you are a New User and will need to Create an Account in our International Student Portal.  
  • You only need to create an International Student Portal account once. If you are re-applying, or if you already started an application and would like to continue, you do not need to create a new account. 
Create Account

Step 2: Start Application

  • After you create your International Student Portal account, you can apply for international admission to Bellevue College. 
Start Application

Continue Application

  • Log in to the International Student Portal by clicking the Continue Application button below and logging in with your Portal Account. 
  • Under the Records heading, select your International Application
Continue Application

If you are a returning Bellevue College student, email us at for assistance applying

  • Please use your student’s email to create their account for their online application.
  • Follow steps in the “Instructions for New Students” and assist your student.

International Admission Requirements

Click on each tab below to view more detailed information.

General Admission Requirements:

  1. An online international student application form, including the signature document. Apply through our International Student Portal. If you are a new applicant, please see the bottom of the International Student Portal page and click new user. Make sure to save the email and password you use.
  2. A non-refundable $50 application fee paid online.
  3. A copy of the passport photo page, including expiration date.
  4. A bank statement dated no earlier than 6 months before application, with a minimum balance of $28,762 USD.
  5. Valid proof of English language proficiency.
  6. Transcripts in English from the current and/or previous schools.

Acceptance packets can be sent via email at no cost or mailed to an international address for the cost of shipping. Students must cover the express mail fee through eShipGlobal and upload the air bill with a full mailing address to their online application within the International Student Portal.

No English proficiency is required.

Student must meet one of the following:

Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) and Paper-based TOEFL (PBT)

  • 58 (iBT) or 493 (PBT)
  • More information about TOEFL

Academic IELTS

  • Overall score of 5.5 with all sub-scores above 5.0 or higher
  • More information about Academic IELTS


Successful completion of the BC’s Intensive English program

Successful completion of the specific level of English language school

  • Intensive Level 109 at ELS Language Centers
  • High Intermediate level at Kaplan
  • ALPS SIRWS 5 with a grade of 75% or higher AND a minimum score of 69 on the CaMLA EPT exit exam at ALPS Language School
  • Completion of the first-half of International House San Diego’s (IHSD) American Language Benchmark 7, equivalent to IELTS overall score of 5.0
  • Highest level at an intensive English school (must submit a verification letter from the school official and considered on a case-by-case basis)
    Successful completion of Level 5 at California Language Academy
  • Successful completion of Level B2-3 at EF International Language Schools
  • Successful completion of the “Mid-intermediate” level at International House San Diego

Student must meet one of the following:

  • 95 with a Production Score of 75 or higher
  • Incoming college-level students will receive automatic placement into either English 93 or English 101. Students must still enroll in their placement level class.
  • More information about Duolingo English Test

  • Overall score of 6.0 with all sub-scores 5.5 or higher
  • More information about Academic IELTS

  • 61 (iBT) or 500 (PBT)
  • More information about TOEFL

With a grade of “C-“

A valid placement result from another college into the equivalent of BC’s English 101

  • Successful completion of Advanced (C1) level at Kaplan.
  • Successful completion of Level 6 at California Language Academy.
  • Successful completion of Advanced (C1-1) level at EF International Language Schools, Inc.

  • If SAT or ACT taken within the last five years or PSAT taken within the last two years
  • SAT or PSAT Reading/Writing score of 480 or higher
  • ACT Composite score of 22 or higher

  • 3 (places into English 101 at BC(*))
  • (*) Official exam result issued by the testing company is required for the placement into English 101.
  • More information about Smarter Balanced ELA

  • 4 (places into English 101 at BC(*))
  • (*) Official exam result issued by the testing company is required for the placement into English 101.
  • More information about the IB International Baccalaureate

Successful completion of the advance 5 with a passing grade (a verification letter from the school official is required) (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)

Two years of regular English courses (non-ESL) in a U.S. high school or international school with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)

If your citizenship is from one of the countries listed below, please submit your passport to the “English Proficiency” section of the application in addition to the passport section.

1. Anguilla, 2. Antigua and Barbuda, 3. Australia, 4. Bahamas, 5. Barbados, 6. Belize, 7. Bermuda, 8. Botswana, 9. British Virgin Islands,10. Cameroon, 11. Canada (except Quebec), 12. Cayman Islands, 13. Dominica, 14. England, 15. Fiji, 16. The Gambia, 17. Ghana, 18. Gibraltar, 19. Grenada, 20. Guyana, 21. Ireland, Northern, 22. Ireland, Republic of, 23. Jamaica, 24. Kenya, 25. Lesotho, 26. Liberia, 27. Malawi, 28. Malta, 29. Mauritius, 30. Montserrat, 31. Namibia, 32. New Zealand, 33. Nigeria, 34. Papua New Guinea, 35. Scotland, 36. Seychelles, 37. Sierra Leone, 38. Singapore, 39. Solomon Islands, 40. South Africa, 41. St. Kitts and Nevis, 42. St. Lucia, 43. St. Vincent and the Grenadines, 44. Swaziland, 45. Tanzania, 46. Tonga, 47. Trinidad and Tobago, 48. Turks and Caicos Islands, 49. Uganda, 50. United Kingdom, 51. Vanuatu, 52. Wales, 53. Zambia, 54. Zimbabwe

Underage Students (16 or 17 years old):

  • All students must be at least 16 years old before the start of classes.
  • Completed and signed the Limited Power-of-Attorney for Healthcare Purpose and Attorney-in-Fact forms.
  • Underage students who have already graduated from a high school in their home country and seek direct admission to the college level program must submit proof of high school completion (e.g., diploma, IGCSE, O-level exam results, or an expected graduation letter from a school official)

Transferring to Bellevue College:

Students transferring from another US school to Bellevue College need to submit additional documents. Transfer students are strongly advised to submit their completed applications at least two weeks before their grace period ends. Transfer IBP students, contact International Education (IE) at 425-564-3185.

Transfer students also must upload/submit copies of the immigration documents:

  • A copy of F-1 visa page
  • A copy of current I-20 form
  • Most recent I-94 document (retrieve from
  • Completed Transfer Eligibility Form (found within the International Student Portal Application.)

Transfer Partners

Students can request a conditional admissions letter for one school from the list above when they apply to Bellevue College.

Please note that admission is not guaranteed, and students must still meet the conditions listed in their acceptance letter. This includes applying to the school by their application deadlines. Conditional admission to the school does not include admission to a major with selective admission.

  • Arizona State University
  • California State University San Marcos
  • Central Washington University
  • Eastern Washington University
  • Gonzaga University
  • Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
  • Johnson & Wales University
  • Oregon State University
  • San Francisco State University
  • Seattle University
  • University of California, Riverside*
    (General Welcome Letter)
  • University of Idaho
  • University of Nevada, Las Vegas
  • University of Washington, Bothell
  • University of Washington, Tacoma
  • Washington State University 
  • Western Washington University

Students with Dependents

Students must submit all general requirements and will be required to submit additional documents including:

  • A copy of each F-2 dependent’s passport photo page, including expiration date.
  • The addition of an additional $5,000 USD per dependent to the bank statement.

Our Location:


Contact Us:

Phone: (425) 564 3185


WhatsApp: +1 (425) 269-3672

Last Updated July 17, 2024