Apply through an easy and secured online system!
This Booklet includes the following information:
– Why BC?
– BC At a Glance
– Top 5 Reasons to Choose Bellevue College
– Detailed description and admission requirements for all programs: Bachelor’s Degree programs, Associate and Certificate programs, International High School Completion (IHSC), Bridge Pathway program, International Business Profession (IBP) program, and Intensive English Language (ESL) and Learning English in Action Program (LEAP).
Offered Programs at BC for International and Exchange Students
Study English (ESL) at Bellevue College!
Complete a degree at Bellevue College! We have bachelor degree programs, associate degree programs, and undergraduate certificate programs.
Earn both a Washington State High School diploma and an associate (university transfer) degree at the same time at Bellevue College!
A full-time, 12 months program that students design their own study and career plan which aligns with their interests.
A quarter-long college preparation program that emphasizes developing college-level writing skills, critical thinking, and taking personal responsibility for learning.
This new ESL track offers students an active, exciting opportunity to gain real-world English-language skills and authentic cultural experience.
- An online international student application form, including the signature document. Go to https://international.bellevuecollege.edu/ and create a login.
- A non-refundable $50 application fee paid online.
- Student must pay an express mail fee via the eShipGlobal site if an acceptance packet would be sent to an address outside of US. The student must upload the air bill with a complete mailing address.
- A copy of the passport photo page, including expiration date.
- A copy of each F-2 dependent’s passport photo page, including expiration date.
- A bank statement dated within six months of the date of you submitted your application, with a minimum balance of $28,800 USD.
- Add $5,000 USD for each F-2 dependent
- If your financial sponsor is not you or your parents:
- Sponsors outside the US must complete the online Financial Responsibility Form.
- US-based sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support (I-134) form.
- Unofficial transcripts in English.
|- Associate & Bachelor's Level|
- Int'l High School Completion (IHSC)
- Int'l Business Professions (IBP)
|Bridge Pathway Program||Learning English in Action Program (LEAP)|
|Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) and Paper-based TOEFL (PBT)||61 or 500||58 or 493||N/A|
|Academic IELTS||Overall band score of 6.0 with all sub-scores above 5.5||5.5 with 5.0||N/A|
|First Language on the IGCSE or O-level||A "C" or higher||N/A||N/A|
|An AP English Language or Literature/Composition score||3 (places into English 101 at BC*)||N/A||N/A|
|IB English A examwith a minimum score|
Option available for US high school students only
|4 (places into English 101 at BC*)||N/A||N/A|
|Smarter Balanced ELA score|
Option available for US high school students only
|3 (places into English 101 at BC*)||N/A||N/A|
|Successful completion of the BC’s Intensive English program||A grade of “A-“ in Integrated Skills 5|
and “B-“ in all other courses taken that quarter
|Grade of "C" or higher in Integrated Skills 5 and all other classes that quarter||Successful completion of the BC's Intensive English level 3 OR placement into the BC's Intensive English level 4 by ELI placement test|
|Successful completion of the BC’s Bridge Pathway program||A minimum grade of “C-“ in the English 93 course||N/A||N/A|
|Other College’s placement test result(s)||A valid placement result in to the equivalent of BC’s English 101 or success completion of the equivalent to BC’s English 93 (one level below English 101) from an accredited college||N/A||N/A|
|U.S. high school or an int’l school||Two years of non-ESL English courses with recommended GPA of 2.5 or higher (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)||N/A||N/A|
|Public diplomacy ESL-school of the US embassy||Successful completion of the advance 5 with a passing grade||N/A||N/A|
|Countries with English as official or primary language||1. Anguilla, 2. Antigua and Barbuda, 3. Australia, 4. Bahamas, 5. Barbados, |
6. Belize, 7. Bermuda, 8. Botswana, 9. British Virgin Islands,
10. Cameroon, 11. Canada (except Quebec), 12. Cayman Islands,
13. Dominica, 14. England, 15. Fiji, 16. The Gambia, 17. Ghana,
18. Gibraltar, 19. Grenada, 20. Guyana, 21. Ireland, Northern, 22. Ireland, Republic of,
23. Jamaica, 24. Kenya, 25. Lesotho, 26. Liberia, 27. Malawi, 28. Malta, 29. Mauritius, 30. Montserrat,
31. Namibia, 32. New Zealand, 33. Nigeria, 34. Papua New Guinea,
35. Scotland, 36. Seychelles, 37. Sierra Leone, 38. Singapore,
39. Solomon Islands, 40. South Africa, 41. St. Kitts and Nevis,
42. St. Lucia, 43. St. Vincent and the Grenadines, 44. Swaziland,
45. Tanzania, 46. Tonga, 47. Trinidad and Tobago, 48. Turks and Caicos Islands,
49. Uganda, 50. United Kingdom, 51. Vanuatu,
52. Wales, 53. Zambia, 54. Zimbabwe
|Successful completion of appropriate level at these schools||N/A||* ELS Language Centers’ intensive level 109.|
* Kaplan International English’s High Intermediate.
* ALPS Language School’s SIRWS 5 with a grade of 75% or higher AND a minimum score of 69 on the CaMLA EPT exit exam at ALPS Language School.
* Successful completion of the highest level at an intensive English school (must submit a verification letter from the school official and considered on a case-by-case basis).
Underage Students (16 or 17 years old):
- All students must be at least 16 years old before the start of classes.
- Completed and signed the Limited Power-of-Attorney for Healthcare Purpose and Attorney-in-Fact forms
- Underage students who have already graduated from a high school in their home country and apply for direct admission to the college level program must submit proof of high school completion (e.g., diploma, IGCSE, O-level exam results, or an expected graduation letter from a school official)
Students transferring from another US school to BC need to submit additional documents. Transfer students are strongly advised to submit their completed applications at least two weeks before their grace period ending date. Transfer IBP students, contact Office of International Education (OIE) at 425-564-3185.
Transfer-In students also must upload/submit copies of the immigration documents:
- A copy of the latest visa page
- All I-20 forms
- Most recent entry (to the US) stamp in passport
- Most recent I-94 document (retrieve from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home)
- A completed and signed the online (Terra Dotta System) Transfer Eligibility form
Last Updated October 24, 2018