Dear Campus Community,
The State Board of Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) is leading the transition to a new data management system called ctcLink. ctcLink is the implementation of a single, centralized system of online functions to give students, faculty, and staff anytime, anywhere access to a modern, efficient way of doing college business.
All 34 SBCTC schools are participating in the shift to ctcLink and Bellevue College is in the fifth of six deployment groups. As the current 35‐plus‐year‐old administrative system (HP) is replaced, BC is examining our processes and practices to align with the software as well as standardized practices that will be used across the SBCTC system. We are scheduled to deploy ctcLink in October 2021.
ctcLink will affect every employee at BC.
- Students will register for classes, view grades, apply for graduation, review and accept financial aid awards, and more.
- Faculty will approve contracts, submit grades, view class rosters, review exam schedules, and more.
- All employees will manage leave, update personal details, view paycheck details, review benefit details, and more
- You can read about additional benefits of ctcLink on our internal ctcLink website, at the SBCTC ctcLink website, and in the attached handout.
We have over 100 employee Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) participating in the conversion to ctcLink. So far, those SMEs have spent over 300 hours documenting the current business processes that will convert to ctcLink. They have created 258 process maps! And, we have a Task Force in place to create an Organizational Change Management Plan by the end of June. You can read a more in‐depth recap in the May 2020 SME update found on the ctcLink website.
This summer, SMES and other BC employees will dedicate many hours to critical activities in preparation for the fall and winter.
- Between August and November we will work on the behind‐the‐scenes configuration of our current processes and the new system to fit our college’s needs.
- We will use the configuration information to document what the future processes will look like in the new system. This work will go through fall 2021.
- We will begin testing our configuration settings with help from the State Board. These tests are planned in five stages through fall 2021.
Starting in September, watch your email inboxes. As the executive sponsor for the ctcLink implementation, I will share information and periodic updates on the committee’s work through a variety of channels, including email and campus community meetings.
If you have immediate questions about how you are impacted by ctcLink or would like to have more information, please visit www.bellevuecollege.edu/ctclink and/or email Maria Rivas, ctcLink Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While there are too many to name individually, I’d like to thank each person who has contributed to the success of ctcLink at BC. It may feel like just a raindrop, but each person is contributing to an ocean of work and this project couldn’t happen without the prioritization, dedication and commitment of our SMEs who are so knowledgeable and specialized in their field. So, thanks to each of you for your hard work. It doesn’t go unnoticed.
Rodger Harrison | Vice President Information Technology Services (425) 564‐2224 3000 Landerholm Circle SE bellevuecollege.edu
Last Updated August 15, 2021