If you have taken one or more of your required prerequisites at other colleges (either in Washington State or elsewhere), you need to confirm that your coursework will be accepted to meet the prerequisite requirements. This entire process could take up to eight weeks.
Fall ’23 applicants: Feb 15, 2023 is the priority deadline to submit official transcripts AND all Transfer Course Requests to Bellevue College.
Courses that have an “&” in the course number (BIOL&, PSYC&, etc) are common across the Washington community and technical colleges, and will transfer to Bellevue College as the same class. (Example: BIOL& 160 at another college would transfer to Bellevue College as BIOL& 160.)
- These courses must still be transferred, but you do not have to “check” if they will be equivalent, as they already are.
Assess your classes
See if your class is already an approved equivalent or substitution.
- See if your class is already an equivalent transfer
- See if your class might be a common substitute
- Check transfer requirements for exams, international classes, or military credit
- Meet with a Bellevue College Academic Advisor
- Please note the ADN Nursing Program Manager is not available to meet about transfer coursework. Use the above equivalent transfer link for these types of questions.
Submit transcripts to BC Enrollment
Send your official transcripts to Bellevue College Enrollment.
- Apply to Bellevue College to the Nursing AAS-T degree.
- Go to Transfer to Bellevue College webpage for details.
Submit a Transfer Credit Request
Fill out a Transfer Credit Request form for the Nursing AAS-T Degree.
- Submit a Transfer Credit Request
- Professional/Technical Associate Degree > Health & Science > Nursing AAS-T
Look over your ctcLink Degree Progress (Academic Advisement Report)
Your Nursing AAS-T Academic Advisement Report will show the courses that have been successfully transferred to BC and which courses did not qualify as prerequisites.
Check missing courses
If any courses are missing on your Nursing AAS-T Academic Advisement Report, check to see if they will fulfill the prerequisite requirements.
- Fill out the Prerequisite Equivalency PDF with only those courses that did not transfer via a transfer request.
- Submit your Academic Advisement Report, unofficial transcripts, the course catalogue description or syllabus and the Prerequisite Course Equivalency Worksheet to bellevueADN@bellevuecollege.edu.
- Submitting a Prerequisite Equivalency request does not guarantee it will be approved by BC as an equivalent course.
Last Updated April 13, 2023