What makes our program unique is our focus on “parents and children, learning and growing together.” When you enroll in any of our programs, you are enrolling in a Bellevue College class on child development and parenting skills, and your child will participate in the lab portion of the class. This page addresses how to enroll yourself as a Bellevue College student. You will register your child in the lab program by working with the co-op registrar (for preschools) or your parent educator (for infant, toddler, and enrichment classes) to provide information about your child and pay the lab fees.
Step 1a, for students who are new to Bellevue College
If you have never taken a class at Bellevue College, you’ll apply for admission at https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/admissions/. Click on the green button to start an application. Once on the welcome page, you’ll select “create an account.” You’ll be asked to complete a personal information form and then you’ll be sent to a page where you’ll select:
- Bellevue College
- First Year
- Non-Award Seeking
- The quarter you’d like to begin attending
- Degree: Look for Non-degree Parent Education.
- Academic Focus:
Once completed hit apply. Once the admission process is complete, which may take several days, you will be emailed your new ctcLink account information. You will then activate your account following these directions AND complete COVID vaccine attestation. (Note: if you need a BC email address to submit your vaccine attestation, you can set one up at: https://www2.bellevuecollege.edu/netid/. It can take a couple days for the vaccine verification to be approved) You are welcome to complete Step 2 while you wait for this step to complete. That will let your instructor connect with you and get you the information you need to get your child signed up for their part of the class.
Step 1, for students who have already enrolled at Bellevue College: Activate Your Account
Activating your account in ctcLink system is required to register. It’s a quick and easy process.
- Go to: https://myaccount.ctclink.us/
- Click on the bottom option which says “Activate Your Account”
- Next, type in your first name, last name, date of birth, then choose the option “SID (old)” and type in your SID or choose “ctcLink ID (new) and type in your ctcLink number. [Unable to locate your SID or ctcLink ID? Look it up at Bellevue College ID Lookup Tool.]
- Create a password you’ll remember, then activate the account. Be sure to write down your ctcLink number and password where you can find it in the future! This number will remain the same from quarter to quarter.
Step 2: Choose Your Class & Complete the Interest Form
Please go to the webpage for the type of class you’re interested in (infant, toddler, art and science enrichment, co-op preschool or parent only.) Go to the schedule table at the bottom of the page to choose a class based on your child’s birth date, choosing the location, days and time that work best for your family.
Fill out our online interest form.
We will then notify the instructor, who will verify that your child is within the age requirement and confirm that this is space to accommodate your family. The instructor will then email you a PERMISSION CODE (required for web registration) as well as provide you with specific details regarding the class.
Step 3: Register Online!
Once your instructor has provided your PERMISSION CODE and details about the class, you’ll be ready to start your web registration. (If you have questions for your instructor before then, feel free to contact them – you’ll find a link to their email address in the schedule tables at the bottom of the class description pages.)
Before starting web registration, you need:
- The section name/number, day, time and instructor for your choice of class.(You can find this information on the class description page or on this list. The course name will be something like Parent and Infant Lab II, and the section name/number will be something like ” F-Lec (27375)”.
- Your ctcLink Student ID number and Personal Identification Number (PIN) Note: Your PIN is initially set at your birthdate MMDDYYYY.
- The permission code provided by the class instructor.
It will be easier to do this process on a laptop or desktop than on a mobile device, if that is possible for you.
How to Enroll
- Go to: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ctclink/students/. Where it says “use ctcLink to Enroll”, click on Log in to ctcLink. Then click on ctcLink Login.
- That will take you to a dashboard page that looks like this.
- Note, if you entered ctcLink from someplace other than the link above, you can end up at the ctc Gateway or on your “student homepage” instead of at that dashboard, and although you can enroll from there, the process will be different and the directions from here on down will be confusing. So, if you don’t see that dashboard, try logging out of ctcLink and re-enter it using the link above.
- From the dashboard, look in the left sidebar for “Enrollment” and click there. From the dropdown menu choose “Planner”. Then choose the blue “add course” button.
- Search for Parent, then next to “PARED Parent Education” choose “view courses”. Find your course and click on it.
- You’ll see a general class description, at the bottom of the description click on the button that says “view sections.” Click on your section. Read the “class notes” portion of the description to be sure this is the correct section. [Note, ctcLink is a system used for all community college programs in the state, and this standardized system may not reflect the specific structure or timing of our classes.]
- If you scroll to the bottom of that description, you can choose Enroll, Add to Cart, or Save to Planner. Choose Enroll.* It will display a screen showing your selected class, and another class saying “enrolled automatically” in the accompanying lab class.
- Enter the permission code you got from your instructor, and mark your start date (typically just the first day of the quarter.)
- Enroll for Winter 2022.* When you have completed the process, you should see this message:
* If you don’t see the “enroll” or “add to cart” options OR if you can put things into your cart but you’re not able to check out, there are a couple things that might cause this. One is that you have not yet completed your COVID vaccine attestation or you may have fees on your account that need to be paid.
If it would help you to see pictures of more of the steps, or you want more detail, see the ctcLink tutorials: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ctclink/students/training/#tutorials Or get support at https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/studentcentral/qless/. or submit a ticket: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/sc-requests/
Step 4: Pay Fees
Paying for the class is a two-tiered process – college tuition for the parents’ program and lab fees for the children’s program.
- You can log into your ctcLink account and pay the college tuition. From the dashboard: In the left sidebar menu, choose financial, then choose “What I Owe.” Review charges and make your payment. Here’s a tutorial on how to pay tuition: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ctclink/students/training/pay-tuition/.
- Second, your instructor will give you directions for how to pay the lab fees directly to the class you are enrolled in. Typically this payment can be provided in the form of a check.
Congratulations! You are now registered and will receive a confirmation by mail. Please retain a copy of your confirmation for your records.
- Openings in some classes may be limited. Families with currently-enrolled children have registration priority for all classes. After that, class placement is based on a first come, first served basis. For best class choice, register as soon as possible.
- If you have incurred any outstanding fees or unpaid fines at Bellevue College (parking, library, etc.), please clear them up now to avoid problems with registration. You can Pay Online in ctcLink. Pay your tuition and fees online using Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. Note: Before you begin this step, you might want to view a ctcLink tutorial on how to pay tuition
- BC Parent Education makes this information as accurate as possible at the time of publication. However, due to unforeseen changes in funding, staffing, curricula or policies, we may be required to implement changes.
BC reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or veteran status. For further information, please visit www.bellevuecollege.edu/equal/.
Last Updated January 19, 2022