Welcome to Bellevue College! Below are some initial steps that will guide you through applying to Bellevue College, as well as additional information concerning tuition assistance and MyCAA.
If you have any questions along the way, just ask and we’re happy to help!
*Due to the way payments with these benefits work, it’s very important that you remember to contact the Veterans Services Office every quarter so that a hold can be placed on your classes while awaiting payment.
Apply for admission to Bellevue College
- Apply Online
- Your application may take 1 to 2 weeks to process. Once accepted, you will receive an email containing your Student ID Number (SID) and PIN.
Create your BC email account (NetID)
Your NetID is your login information for email, computer labs, online classes, and much more! As soon as you receive your acceptance from BC with your SID and PIN, you will need to create this login.
Complete a New Student Intake Form
The Veterans Services Office is your primary resource for VA education benefits, financial aid, and enrollment information. In order to make sure you’re receiving the benefits available to you, it’s important that you register with this office and provide the necessary documents.
Submit college and military transcripts
Bellevue College is committed to providing you with credit for prior college training and military service. For a credit/transcript review, request official transcripts from your prior college(s) and military service, and submit a Transfer Credit Review request. Transcripts can be sent to:
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6406
- Submit an evaluation request for your college transcripts (Including CCAF)
- Submit an evaluation request for your Joint Services Transcript (Print and return to Veterans Services Office)
Attend a new student orientation
New Student Orientations are 2 hours and designed to introduce students to Bellevue College while assisting with registering for first quarter classes. The information covered includes: campus resources, career resources, leadership opportunities, cultural enrichment services, and out of the classroom type of learning experiences available at Bellevue College. The final hour consists of meeting with advisors to discuss class options and academic planning.
Register for your classes
Before you can request tuition assistance or MyCAA payment authorization, you’ll need to register for the classes you’ll be submitting for payment. Here are a few items you may find useful:
- Meet with an Academic Advisor – Academic Advisors are available for all degree programs and are here to help you schedule your classes each quarter.
- Request a Prerequisite Check – Trying to register for classes that require prerequisites you’ve taken at another school? Request a Prerequisite Check, which can clear those for you.
- Register for your classes – Make note of the 4-digit item number for each class you want to register for and submit those on your online registration form.
- Request a “tuition deferment” – A tuition deferment is simply an extension of your payment deadline, giving you additional time to request approval for tuition assistance or MyCAA benefits.
Request TA or MyCAA Payment Authorization
While you’ve likely already begun researching tuition assistance or MyCAA, you may not be able to request authorization for payment until you’ve registered for your classes and can submit your enrollment to the appropriate party. Here are some helpful links to apply for that funding:
Last Updated August 16, 2019