Permission Code Instructions

All of the Allied Health Education programs are “open enrollment”. This means that there are no special requirements to enroll in the Allied Health programs however some of the program specific courses require permission codes. The steps below will help you obtain a permission code.

  1. Permission Codes provided in the following form are ONLY for Allied Health Education Programs.
  • Medical Administrative Assistant
  • Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
  • Phlebotomy Technician
  • Clinical Laboratory Assistant
  • Medical Assistant (MA-C)
  • Allied Health AAS-T
  1. If you have taken the foundation courses at another institution, you will need to send an un-official transcript to
  2. You are responsible for requesting official transcripts from your previous school. Official transcripts are to be sent to the enrollment services office at Bellevue College, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007 (Attention: Enrollment Services).
  3. You must take the foundation courses (listed below) before requesting program specific entry codes.
  • AHE 100
  • AHE 110
  • AHE 120
  • BIOL&108 OR BIOL&241 AND BIOL&242

The foundation courses must be completed with a “C” or better before codes will be issued. Permission codes will not be issued until grades for prerequisites have been checked.

  1. You must request a permission code for each class separately.

If you have completed the foundation courses, or provided satisfactory transfer and/or substitution for them; Follow the link below to request a Permission Code

REMINDER: Prior to requesting a permission code, students should review common ctcLink errors they may experience when trying to register. Permission codes will not work for any of the situations listed below:

If a box pops up asking you to enter a permission number, you may not actually need one. Please try ignoring it and click “save” – more often than not this works for students.

picture of permission number box in enrollment screen

 Fill out the Term Quarter Activation Request Form. This could be because:

  • You last took a class at Bellevue College more than four quarters ago, or
  • You applied for an earlier quarter but did not enroll until the next quarter, or
  • You now want to enroll for an earlier quarter than what you indicated on your admission application.
screenshot from term quarter activation request form

 Students should check and make sure there are no holds on their account blocking them from registering (i.e. late fees, vaccine attestation, etc.)

screenshot from ctcLink Student Homepage

Last Updated February 15, 2024