College-Level Programs

Bellevue College offers a wide variety of programs for all types of learners. For a summary of these programs, please see below.

  • Start your first two years of bachelor’s degree at BC by taking general education and pre-major courses and then transfer to a university anywhere in the US to complete the last two years to earn a bachelor’s degree.
  • A complete list of transfer associate degrees

  • For career-focused students, start your specialized training at BC by choosing from 20 prof/tech associate programs or over 50 short-term certificate programs. View the complete prof/tech programs list.
  • Upon successful completion, F-1 students may either engage in a one-year paid work option under Optional Practical Training with the USCIS approval or advance to BC’s bachelor’s degree in the related field.
  • Estimated completion time for an Associate degree is 2-2.5 years and 3-18 months for most certificates.

Bellevue College (BC) currently offers 15 bachelor’s degrees. These are career-oriented programs designed to prepare students to successfully compete for specialized jobs that require advanced knowledge and skills for a respective industry. These programs are meant for third and fourth year students, usually who have already completed an associate’s degree.

See more details about Bellevue College bachelor degrees.

Disclaimer: Some bachelor’s programs’ courses are offered online only and do not meet the F-1 regulations. Consult both International Education and respective program manager before you apply to the bachelor’s program at BC.

Additional Information and Requirements:

  1. An online international student application form. Go to to create a profile and start an application.
  2. A non-refundable $50 application fee paid online.
  3. All acceptance packets shipped to an address outside of the U.S. require you to pay an express mail fee via eShipGlobal site. The student must upload the air bill with a complete mailing address to the BC’s online application site.
  4. A copy of the passport photo page, including expiration date. A copy of each F-2 dependent’s passport photo page, including expiration date.
  5. A bank statement dated no earlier than 6 months before application, with a minimum balance of $28,762 USD. Add $5,000 USD for each F-2 dependent
  6. US-based sponsors must complete the Affidavit of Support (I-134) form
  7. Valid proof of English language proficiency.
  8. Transcripts in English from the current and/or previous schools.

Please note that some programs have a separate admissions application specific to the program. If you have questions about this, please email

Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) and Paper-based TOEFL (PBT)

  • 61 (iBT) or 500 (PBT)
  • More information about TOEFL

Academic IELTS

  • Overall score of 6.0 with all sub-scores 5.5 or higher
  • More information about Academic IELTS

Duolingo English Test

  • 95 with a Production Score of 75 or higher
  • Incoming college-level students will receive automatic placement into either English 93 or English 101. Students must still enroll in their placement level class.
  • Information on the Duolingo English Test

First Language on the IGCSE or O-Level

An AP English Language or Literature/Composition Score

An IB English A Exam With A Minimum Score

  • 4 (places into English 101 at BC(*))
  • (*) Official exam result issued by the testing company is required for the placement into English 101.
  • More information about the IB International Baccalaureate

Smarter Balanced ELA Score Option Available For US High School Students Only

  • 3 (places into English 101 at BC(*))
  • (*) Official exam result issued by the testing company is required for the placement into English 101.
  • More information about Smarter Balanced ELA


  • If SAT or ACT taken within the last five years or PSAT taken within the last two years
  • SAT or PSAT Reading/Writing score of 480 or higher
  • ACT Composite score of 22 or higher

Successful Completion of the BC’s Intensive English Program

Successful Completion of The BC’s Bridge Pathway Program

With a grade of “C-“

Other College’s placement test result(s)

A valid placement result from another college into the equivalent of BC’s English 101

U.S. High School or an International School

Two years of regular English courses (non-ESL) in a U.S. high school or international school with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)

Public Diplomacy ESL-school of The US Embassy

Successful completion of the advance 5 with a passing grade (a verification letter from the school official is required) (reviewed on a case-by-case basis)

Successful Completion of The Specific Level of English Language School

  • Successful completion of Advanced (C1) level at Kaplan.
  • Successful completion of Level 6 at California Language Academy.
  • Successful completion of Advanced (C1-1) level at EF International Language Schools, Inc.

Countries with English as Official or Primary Language

1. Anguilla, 2. Antigua and Barbuda, 3. Australia, 4. Bahamas, 5. Barbados, 6. Belize, 7. Bermuda, 8. Botswana, 9. British Virgin Islands,10. Cameroon, 11. Canada (except Quebec), 12. Cayman Islands, 13. Dominica, 14. England, 15. Fiji, 16. The Gambia, 17. Ghana, 18. Gibraltar, 19. Grenada, 20. Guyana, 21. Ireland, Northern, 22. Ireland, Republic of, 23. Jamaica, 24. Kenya, 25. Lesotho, 26. Liberia, 27. Malawi, 28. Malta, 29. Mauritius, 30. Montserrat, 31. Namibia, 32. New Zealand, 33. Nigeria, 34. Papua New Guinea, 35. Scotland, 36. Seychelles, 37. Sierra Leone, 38. Singapore, 39. Solomon Islands, 40. South Africa, 41. St. Kitts and Nevis, 42. St. Lucia, 43. St. Vincent and the Grenadines, 44. Swaziland, 45. Tanzania, 46. Tonga, 47. Trinidad and Tobago, 48. Turks and Caicos Islands, 49. Uganda, 50. United Kingdom, 51. Vanuatu, 52. Wales, 53. Zambia, 54. Zimbabwe

  • It generally takes at least 2 years to complete an associate degree. It may take longer depending on the degree.
  • It generally takes 6-18 months to earn a certificate. It depends on the number of credits in the certificate program, and availability of classes.
  • All F-1 international students in an associate degree or certificate program are required to register for at least 12 credits each quarter. There are 3 required quarters each school year.
  • Fall, winter, and spring classes are about 11 weeks long.
  • Summer classes are about 8 weeks long. However, you have to learn just as much!

Last Updated June 17, 2024