Welcome to Bellevue College! Using your VA education benefits for the first time can be a little daunting, but we hope we can make the process as easy as possible for you. Below are some initial steps that will guide you through applying to Bellevue College, applying for your VA benefits, and ensuring you have everything in place before classes begin. If you have any questions along the way, just ask and we’re happy to help!
Apply for your VA education benefits
- Learn about the different education benefits offered by the VA
- Apply Online
- It may take up to 30 days for the VA to process your application. Once approved, the VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), which will be required for BC to process your benefits.
Apply for admission to Bellevue College
- Apply Online
- Your application may take 1 to 2 weeks to process. Once accepted, you will receive an email containing your Student ID Number (SID) and PIN.
Create your BC email account (NetID)
Your NetID is your login information for email, computer labs, online classes, and much more! As soon as you receive your acceptance from BC with your SID and PIN, you will need to create this login.
Complete a New Student Intake Form
The Veterans Services Office is your primary resource for VA education benefits, financial aid, and enrollment information. In order to make sure you’re receiving the benefits available to you, it’s important that you register with this office and provide the necessary documents.
- New Student Intake Form
Submit college and military transcripts
Bellevue College is committed to providing you with credit for prior college training and military service. For a credit/transcript review, request official transcripts from your prior college(s) and military service, and submit a Transfer Credit Review request. Transcripts can be sent to:
Attn: Student Central
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6406
- Submit an evaluation request for your college transcripts (Including CCAF)
- Submit an evaluation request for your Joint Services Transcript
Attend a new student orientation
New Student Orientations are 2 hours and designed to introduce students to Bellevue College while assisting with registering for first quarter classes. The information covered includes: campus resources, career resources, leadership opportunities, cultural enrichment services, and out of the classroom type of learning experiences available at Bellevue College. The final hour consists of meeting with advisors to discuss class options and academic planning.
Register for your classes
Hopefully, at this point, you’ve already submitted your paperwork, attended an orientation session and are now ready to pick your classes! Here are a few items you may find useful:
- Meet with an Academic Advisor – Academic Advisors are available for all degree programs and are here to help you schedule your classes each quarter.
- Request a Prerequisite Check – Trying to register for classes that require prerequisites you’ve taken at another school? Request a Prerequisite Check, which can clear those for you.
- Register for your classes – Make note of the 4-digit item number for each class you want to register for and submit those on your online registration form.
- Enrollment Certification – After registering, you need to notify the Veterans Services Office so that your enrollment can be submitted to the VA for payment.
Learn about “certifying” your VA benefits
In order to make your time at Bellevue College as smooth as possible, it’s important that you understand some of the VA guidelines, as well as the steps you will need to take each quarter to utilize your VA education benefits. Please review the items below for more information:
Last Updated November 12, 2019