Proctoring tool Honorlock
Honorlock offers cloud-based solutions to curb academic dishonesty during online assessments. The innovative software detects and discourages cheating while remaining non-invasive. The award-winning system is scalable, data-driven, and highly desirable from students to teachers to future employers.
Honorlock provides direct, 24/7 technical support (via live chat) at: www.honorlock.com
Note: You can only use the Google Chrome browser to take exams that are proctored by Honorlock.
Before starting your first exam that is proctored by Honorlock, you will need to download the Honorlock Google Chrome extension (you should only need to complete this process once each time you use a computer to take an exam).
- A laptop or desktop computer (not a tablet)
- Google Chrome browser
- One-time installation of a Chrome browser extension (The system will guide you through this simple step.)
- If you use multiple Google accounts we recommend “Setting up Chrome Profiles” to simplify your workflow.
- A webcam
- A stable and strong Internet connection (We strongly advise testing your system in advance via a link on the Honorlock support page.)
Honorlock Online Proctoring: Student Privacy Statement
Honorlock Privacy Letter to Students
Testing Guidelines for Students
- Students are required to establish identity following the procedures outlined in the Honorlock instructions.
- Lighting in the room must be bright enough to be considered “daylight” quality
- Be sure the desk or table is cleared of all other materials.
- Close all other programs and/or windows on the testing computer prior to logging into the proctored test environment.
- You must not leave the room during the testing period at any time
- Do not use a phone for any reason. The only exception is to contact support or your instructor in the event of a technical issue.
Honorlock is fully accessible to students with people with disabilities. Honorlock works with screen readers if needed.
Honorlock is VPAT certified and is committed to being accessible for people with disabilities. For more information on how to use testing platforms for students with accommodations and accessibility needs, please contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Honorlock offers technical support 24/7 to assist students before, during, and after their proctored tests. If you need any assistance, contact their support agents by phone or live chat. The support line for students is – (844) 841-LOCK.
Honorlock is an exam proctoring service that Athens State has added to Blackboard. It provides a wide variety of features to prevent cheating, including:
- Search and Destroy – Automatically removes test content from the internet
- Browser Guard – Prevents unauthorized web content, multiple monitors, and test content leaks
- Mobile Phone Detection – Detects mobile phone use
- Live Pop-In – Prompts live proctor to “pop-in” to a student’s session
2. Set up a Practice Quiz for Students
- Click on the Honorlock tab on the left hand navigation in your Canvas classroom
- Click on the three vertical dots on the upper right hand side of the screen and choose “Add Practice Exam.”
- Honorlock automatically creates a Practice Quiz in Canvas. You can edit the due date, etc. but let your student try a sample quiz before a real test.
- Remember to Publish the quiz.
- A Sample test can be taken as many times as they need to get comfortable with the software.
3. Set up your Canvas Quiz with Honorlock Proctoring
For each test setup with Honorlock, it will automatically generate a report for each student that includes red, yellow, green flags with more information and quick links to areas of concern captured in the video recording.
Last Updated February 2, 2023