Faculty Multimedia Services at eLearning
eLearning Multimedia Services supports the College through Studio Q, faculty video camera kits, and meeting conference technology. We also assist Academic Affairs and campus cultural programs with selected events.
Meeting OWLs in eLearning can be used for on-campus staff meetings only. eLearning is not staffed to support classroom technology. Please contact ITS for all campus classroom technology support.
Studio Q Video Production Room
View an online tour of the Studio Q Production Room
Studio Q is a video production room available for college faculty and staff. The studio includes a transparent light-board for delivering lectures, a camera, microphone, and lights. If you have any questions please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the Media Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 425-564-2001
Schedule an orientation to use the studio and reserve studio time once you have completed the orientation.
Faculty Recording Kits
Equipment options include:
- Panasonic HC-V180, or a Canon Vixia camera
- Synsyne Ring Light
- Rode USB Mic
- A tripod
- Blue/green screen pop up kits are also available
If you have any questions please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the MultiMedia Center by email: email@example.com or phone 425-564-2001
Zoom & Meeting OWL Training
All requests and assistance to use an OWL in the classrooms are handled by ITS.
Please contact ITS for all campus classroom technology support.
eLearning is not staffed to support classroom technology use or Zoom use in the on-the-ground classrooms. Meeting OWLs in eLearning can be used for on-campus staff meetings only.
With advanced notification, the eLearning department: Can check-in/out a laptop & a meeting OWL and train users on how to use the equipment mentioned above for on-the-ground meetings with staff, student group meetings led by a faculty, and faculty.
For event planning, support during an event, and testing of audio equipment, please check with the Events Staff and ITS Service Desk for audio & video support and information on planning Internal Events and Meetings.
The meeting Owl has a single 360-degree camera that recognizes and highlights the person speaking. The OWL Web Conferencing Camera can be used for Zoom web conferencing meetings. The OWL setup is very useful when a group is meeting online, along with people on campus, for interviews, board meetings, and employee meetings. The OWL can be used with Zoom to support a meeting of 6-10 participants only comfortably.
Check with the Events Staff and the ITS Service Desk for large group meetings.
- If you need a College Zoom account, create a ticket with ITS and ask for your Zoom account and password a week before your meeting. You will need a College Zoom account to be a moderator.
- If you need to learn how to use Zoom, take a 30-minute hands-on Zoom training session. Create a ticket in Request Center and ask for training. Learn to create an online meeting, invite participants, share the moderator desktop, record a session, and more.
- Make your room request using the LMC Equipment request. the Multimedia Services will provide assistance in setting up a laptop and a 360 camera (The OWL) for your online meeting.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the MultiMedia Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 425-564-2001
Multimedia Services Supports the Following venues for events:
(* = rooms that do not have either data projector nor computer)
- When Multimedia services support instructional courses, college programs, college groups, student clubs, or student events, there is no charge for staffing or equipment.
- College groups may be charged for staffing if LMC staff can’t adjust their work schedule to support a college event or events sponsored by the Bellevue College or Bellevue College student groups.
- External groups will be charged for using college-owned equipment inside or outside of instructional spaces and for all staff support during or outside of LMC staff’s work schedule.
- If any Multimedia Services request needs additional equipment or staff support, services can be negotiable if equipment and/or staffing are available to support the requester’s needs.
- Multimedia Services Requests will be fulfilled only for the hours the LMC is open. Sunday requests will be fulfilled if the trained staff is available.
If you have any questions, please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the MultiMedia Center by email: at email@example.com or by phone at 425-564-2001.
Studio Pioneer D126P
Use 25Live to reserve this classroom.
The room is equipped with:
- A large projector with inputs for – HDMI (2ports) Virtual Reality (VR), Blu Ray with Surround Sound, Polycom Video Conferencing
- A podium – Facilitators can use their own Laptop or borrow one from the Library.
- Seating Capacity: 36 movable chairs with 19 rolling tables
- Zoom Web conferencing
If you have any questions please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the MultiMedia Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 425-564-2001.
Multimedia Support Services manages MCS, IBEST, Project IDEA and LMC Daily laptops. These laptops are dedicated to their programs, and students do not check them out directly from Multimedia Services. If you are a student in Project IDEA, IBEST, or MCS and have questions about laptop services please have your instructor contact eLearning.
The LMC Daily Laptops are located in the Tech Hub of the Library building. Please visit the Tech Hub in the Library building to reserve an LMC Daily Laptop.
- Requests must be made 24 hours before use, before 2 p.m. on the previous day.
- Requests for Mondays must be received before 2 p.m. on the previous Friday.
- Requests received over the weekend must be for the following Tuesday or later.
- Requests can be made for 2 hours blocks.
- Studio Pioneer D126-P is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Studio Pioneer D126-P is closed during the break weeks and follows the LMC open and closed calendar.
- If you have questions, please get in touch with Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the MultiMedia Center by email: at email@example.com or by phone at 425-564-2001.
Bellevue College Multimedia Services event support documentation.
Last Updated December 15, 2022