Faculty Multimedia Services at eLearning
eLearning Multimedia Services supports the College through Studio Q, faculty video camera kits, and meeting conference technology. We also assist Academic Affairs and campus cultural programs with selected events.
Meeting OWLs in eLearning can be used for on-campus staff meetings only. eLearning is not staffed to support classroom technology. Please contact ITS for all campus classroom technology support.
Room D126Q is not currently scheduled to for use with an XR and interactive learning related grant for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Lightboard is not available at this time.
Faculty Recording Kits
Equipment options include:
- Panasonic HC-V180, or a Canon Vixia camera
- Synsyne Ring Light
- Rode USB Mic
- A tripod
- Blue/green screen pop up kits are also available
If you have any questions please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the MultiMedia Center by email: firstname.lastname@example.org submit a Request Center Ticket.
Zoom & Meeting OWL Training
All requests and assistance to use an OWL in the classrooms are handled by ITS.
Please contact ITS for all campus classroom technology support.
eLearning is not staffed to support classroom technology or Zoom use in the on-the-ground classrooms. Meeting OWLs in eLearning can be used for on-campus staff meetings only.
With advanced notification, the eLearning department: Can check-in/out a laptop & a meeting OWL and train users on how to use the equipment mentioned above for on-the-ground meetings with staff, student group meetings led by a faculty, and faculty.
For event planning, support during an event, and testing of audio equipment, please check with the Events Staff and ITS Service Desk for audio & video support and information on planning Internal Events and Meetings.
The meeting Owl has a single 360-degree camera that recognizes and highlights the person speaking. The OWL setup is very useful when a group is meeting online, along with people on campus, for interviews, board meetings, and employee meetings. The OWL can be used with Zoom / Teams to support a meeting of 6-10 participants only comfortably.
Check with the Events Staff and the ITS Service Desk for large group meetings.
- You will need a College Zoom or Teams account or to be a moderator. If you need a College Zoom account, create a ticket with ITS and ask for your Zoom account before your meeting.
- If you need to learn how to use Zoom, take a 30-minute hands-on Zoom training session. Create a ticket in Request Center and ask for training.
- Make your room request using the eLearning Equipment request and we will provide assistance in setting up a laptop and a 360 camera (The OWL).
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with eLearning Media Solutions by email: email@example.com or submit a Request Center Ticket.
Multimedia Services Supports the Following venues for events:
(* = rooms that do not have either data projector nor computer)
- eLearning Media Solutions provides support for College meetings and we often assist Campus Events with groups. If you need support for a course please contact ITS. If you need support with college programs, student clubs, or student events then please contact Campus Events.
- If any eLearning Media Solutions request needs additional equipment or staff support, services can be negotiable if equipment and/or staffing are available to support the requester’s needs.
- eLearning Media Solutions requests will be fulfilled only for the hours the Library Media Center is open.
If you have any questions, please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the eLearning Media Solutions by email: at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a Request Center Ticket.
Studio Pioneer D126P
Use 25Live to reserve this classroom.
The room is equipped with:
- A large projector with inputs for – HDMI (2ports) Virtual Reality (VR), Blu Ray with Surround Sound, Polycom Video Conferencing
- A podium – Facilitators can use their own Laptop or borrow one from the Library.
- Seating Capacity: 36 movable chairs with 19 rolling tables
If you have any questions please contact Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the eLearning Media Solutions by email: email@example.com or submit a ticket.
eLearning Media Solutions manages MCS, IBEST, Project IDEA and LMC Daily laptops. These laptops are dedicated to their programs, and students do not check them out directly from Multimedia Services. If you are a student in Project IDEA, IBEST, or MCS and have questions about laptop services please have your instructor contact eLearning.
The LMC Daily Laptops are located in the Tech Hub of the Library building. Please visit the Tech Hub in the Library building to reserve an LMC Daily Laptop.
- Requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Requests for Mondays must be received before 2 p.m. on the previous Thursday.
- Requests received over the weekend must be for the following Wednesday or later.
- Requests can be made for 2 hours blocks.
- Studio Pioneer D126-P is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Studio Pioneer D126-P is closed during the break weeks and follows the LMC open and closed calendar.
- If you have questions, please get in touch with Larry Boykin & Ron Austin with the eLearning Media Solutions by email: at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a Request Center Ticket.
Last Updated September 21, 2023